PDA

View Full Version : My PB QD+ leak by itself !! does it happened to you too?

cobraa
07-31-2010, 01:16 PM
When I take my box of detailing products with me on the road, after a couples of hours, usually there's was always a small drip on the floor or I could smell something different.

One day I finally what it was. My 16oz bottle of QD+ leak even if I don't touch it. It like by the sprayer. Usually, it happens when it's hot outside. Too much humidity I guess, and the liquid goes up in the bottle and try to escape from the sprayer.

I'm sure I lost already like 2 oz of product because of this. Is it just the sprayer fault or it's the product itselft the problem?

It's weird.

Mister B
07-31-2010, 01:57 PM
It has happened to me before with Last Touch and a couple other products while sitting on the shelf in my garage when it is hot out. I'm pretty sure it is expansion and contraction due to the heat which causes the product to be squeezed out. Some of my bottles actually suck in a little when this happens.

Flash Gordon
07-31-2010, 02:06 PM
I don't think this had anything to do with the product. It sounds like to me the product got warm and expanded out thru the sprayer head

Flash Gordon
07-31-2010, 02:08 PM
It has happened to me before with Last Touch and a couple other products while sitting on the shelf in my garage when it is hot out. I'm pretty sure it is expansion and contraction due to the heat which causes the product to be squeezed out. Some of my bottles actually suck in a little when this happens.

I'm sorry, I really got to start reading others responses before hitting the button :o

loudog2
07-31-2010, 03:00 PM
This has happened a couple times to me with a few products. You have to remember to tighten the spray head so it doesn't leak.

Christopher
07-31-2010, 03:29 PM
This has happened a couple times to me with a few products. You have to remember to tighten the spray head so it doesn't leak.
+1
Or if its not that type of bottle, just turn it to the 'X'

A4 1.8tqm
07-31-2010, 03:43 PM
I agree that if the product is getting warm, it is the expansion of the liquid that causes pressure in the sprayer. The liquid is forced up the tube and out, causing it to leak. Once it cools and contracts the bottle may indent a little from the resulting vacuum pressure.
My advice is to either:

1- Keep the product at a constant cooler temp.
2- Try turning the nozzle to "off" or "X"
3- Loosen the top so the pressure does not build, just don't let it spill!

Dubbin1
07-31-2010, 05:26 PM
I lost a full bottle of Pinnacle Crystal Mist due to it getting hot and leaking out the sprayer :( Well I'm guessing its because it got hot.