PDA

View Full Version : Bugs on my Venture Shield

lefty027
07-31-2010, 09:34 AM
I put a Venture Shield on the nose of my car because I do a lot of highway driving and didn't want the front of my car to get chips. The Venture Shield works great for that but the bugs really stick to it. What's the best way to get them off?

kb2ehj
07-31-2010, 10:09 AM
Bug sponge & Poorboy's Bug Squash......good stuff

jlb85
07-31-2010, 10:22 AM
... and then keep it waxed or sealed!

ScottB
07-31-2010, 10:33 AM
get them off quickly so they dont scar finish/covering. Several on Corvetteforum use Plexus to keep there clearbra's clean/protected.

southbeach
08-03-2010, 11:08 PM
I am a authorize dealer/installer for VentureShield....Using a bug block or spray will reduce/scratch the glare in your clear bra. I recommend just using soap and sponge. Try to take the bugs off quick. If you go fast enough and hit a bug, the mark will be there for ever, but the clear bra is doing its job. It was ment to prevent your paint/clearcoat from chipping. Protect it with Plexus, this is the best sealant for your Bra.

southbeach
08-03-2010, 11:11 PM
I put a Venture Shield on the nose of my car because I do a lot of highway driving and didn't want the front of my car to get chips. The Venture Shield works great for that but the bugs really stick to it. What's the best way to get them off?

In about 3-5yrs, your Clear Bra will be cover with mark, scratch, etc.....You can take it off and have an installer, install a new Bra.