PDA

View Full Version : A few quick questions

purgeofdarkness
07-31-2010, 12:09 AM
For Wheels can you coat them with a standard wax/sealant or does it need to be specifically designed for wheels?

For Plastic Headlights and taillights can you coat them with a standard wax/sealant or does it need to be specifically designed for plastic lenses.

The California Duster, when you just open a brand new california duster and if you shake it, does lint come off? I have a Turtle Wax duster and it's super dusty. Normal or not, or just throw it away and get something else?

Thanks in advance!

ScottB
07-31-2010, 07:57 AM
1. You can indeed use a sealant (preferable over using a wax) on wheels to protect, just remember they see alot of heat. The wheel sealants could have additional ingredients to work better around them but thats personal choice. (see VIP special for DP Wheel Glaze this week as desired)

2. You can indeed use paint sealants, waxes, and sprays on headlamps. It comes down to personal preference and most will suggest some protection is better than no protection. I personally use Plexus (or DP Plex-All) on all lenses (front and back) since new and none of my cars even hint at lenses deteriation.

3. Cali dusters should be clean when first taken out of package. They do have paraffin wax on the cloth part and should be left on newspaper for a couple days to remove excess. I have seen no appreciable dirt/dust/lint and when I used them would replace them annually since I could never find a way to wash them properly.

purgeofdarkness
07-31-2010, 09:52 AM
Thank you!