PDA

View Full Version : Extracting a car with side airbags in the seat?

Ty07allstar
07-30-2010, 09:38 AM
I have a 2003 Protege ES with side airbags in both of the front seats. I want to know if it would be safe to use my hot water extractor on the seats?

Flash Gordon
07-30-2010, 09:47 AM
I have a 2003 Protege ES with side airbags in both of the front seats. I want to know if it would be safe to use my hot water extractor on the seats?

Good question :props:

IMO you will be fine in doing this (I Have Before) I wouldn't make it a monthly routine however

ScottB
07-30-2010, 10:02 AM
arent the airbags actually in the side of seats and pop out like a curtain ??? If so, cleaning/extracting the seating area should not harm anything but you can always consider checking with manufacturer first and their suggestion ??

trhland
07-30-2010, 11:31 AM
arent the airbags actually in the side of seats and pop out like a curtain ??? If so, cleaning/extracting the seating area should not harm anything but you can always consider checking with manufacturer first and their suggestion ??
i thought that too...

Flash Gordon
08-01-2010, 02:31 PM

Correct sir, but still...