PDA

View Full Version : Quick Detail

ScottB
07-29-2010, 09:38 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/0131.JPG

Well as some may know I have recently had surgery and some down time. Doctor has locked me down from most detailing including polishing since my incision needs to seal/heal completely. This and all these cool new products are being released from AG on a weekly basis.

Needless to say I am bored ... so I have been bugging the wife to uncover the Vette (hasnt been since Xmas) and at least run it around the block a couple times and wash it. Well this afternoon she took pity on me and the cleaning was on. She warned no buffers or polishing but most anything else was fair game on exterior.

Wash --- Duragloss Soap with ONR
Detail Spray -- Optimum QD Gloss Enhancer
Wheels -- Sonax Wheel Cleaner and Optiseal
Tires -- Optimums Optibond
Lamps -- Plexus
Glass -- Aquapel
Plastic Surrounds -- Ultima Trim Care

I was happy to see the car still was in good shape, started right up (thanks Ctek/Optima), and had a little tire tread left after two spins around the block with my boys screaming "do it again daddy ... do it again" . Sun was going down but still wanted to snap a pic or two before covering her back up until the next re-awakening and hopefully some time with buffer and perhaps one of those new coating systems.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/0161.JPG

I should note in closing that Sonax worked well on uncoated wheels with no damage. While car/wheels were stored clean you could see the red/purple color change on rotors and calipers. I did dampen wheels first ...

TheGLL
07-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Looks good! :xyxthumbs:

WRAPT C5Z06
07-29-2010, 11:41 PM
Looks AWESOME, Scott! Glad you're healing and soon to be back polishing. :dblthumb2:

Rsurfer
07-30-2010, 01:08 AM
Sounds like you had some major surgery. Glad you are doing better your baby needs some attention.

CEE DOG
07-30-2010, 06:34 AM
Really glad you got to spend some time with your baby Scott! Man, since Christmas is a long time going without. I hope your recovery continues to go well.

FastZR1
07-30-2010, 07:19 AM
Good lookin' vette!!!

Mike Phillips
07-30-2010, 08:02 AM
Looks very nice Scott,

Good to hear you're recovering and doing better...

Detailing is good therapy...

:xyxthumbs:

Erik Mejia
07-30-2010, 08:36 AM
Nice Car! You need to take it around the block more often.:xyxthumbs:

Flash Gordon
07-30-2010, 08:51 AM
Very Nice :props: You should enter this into the contest Megan has going on :laughing:

Rez90
07-30-2010, 09:04 AM
Considering we have the EXACT same car.....

Whats your favorite polish pad combo on your car to remove light scratches and swirs?

WRAPT C5Z06
07-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Considering we have the EXACT same car.....

Whats your favorite polish pad combo on your car to remove light scratches and swirs?
If I know Scott well enough, he'll tell you Menzerna SIP/orange followed by Menzerna Nano/white. If the swirls and scratches are very light, Menzerna Nano/white might be enough on it's own.

Scott, am I right? LOL

ScottB
07-30-2010, 09:48 AM
If I know Scott well enough, he'll tell you Menzerna SIP/orange followed by Menzerna Nano/white. If the swirls and scratches are very light, Menzerna Nano/white might be enough on it's own.

Scott, am I right? LOL

pretty darn good .... I might suggest 085rd and a blue finishing pad for extra gloss and reflection by jeweling but thats splitting hairs :props:

WRAPT C5Z06
07-30-2010, 11:50 AM
pretty darn good .... I might suggest 085rd and a blue finishing pad for extra gloss and reflection by jeweling but thats splitting hairs :props:
:props: