PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me an AIO please

Pages : [1] 2

StoneRaizer
07-29-2010, 08:55 AM
Hi all,

I'm in the process of doing a full paint correction on my 2002 Hyundai Accent using a PC 7424XP, Optimum Hyper Compound and Optimum Polish II. Once that's complete I'd like to move on to some friends and family members cars since their finishes have been somewhat neglected over the years. Unfortunately doing a multi-step compound - polish - wax/sealant job will take me a long time and asking them to be without their cars for a lengthy period of time is simply impractical. I'd like to be able to do a wash - clay - swirl removal - wax/seal - clean glass - vacuum interior - dress interior/exterior vinyl, plastic, rubber in one 6-8 hour session.

Unfortunately doing a multi-step compound and polish with a PC with my limited experience (the Hyundai is the first time I've used a machine polisher) in a short amount of time is impossible. I'm looking for a product that will combine the compounding and polishing steps into one. These are all DDs so I'm not looking for a show car shine, but I would like to get rid of all of the swirls and surface scratches and leave the surface ready for a LSP with no step in between. So far the only product that I can think of that will give me the results in the time frame I'm looking for is Meg's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream. Are there any other products out there that I can potentially use?

Related question - I'd also need a wax/sealant that will last a long time. I've heard Collinite 845's durability is exceptional. Would this be a good choice?

Here's a list of cars I plan on working on:

2003 Chevrolet Malibu, silver
1994 Nissan Pathfinder, beige
200? Ford Escape, silver
200? Mazda 3 sedan, black

Products I own that I plan on using:

Wash & Dry - Meg's Gold Class, two buckets, one Grit Guard, Meg's microfiber mitt, two waffle weave towels

Swirl Removal - Porter Cable 7424XP, 5.5" LC CCS orange pads (2) OR 5.5" LC CCS white pads (2)

Wax/Seal - Meg's NXT 2.0? Collinite 845? Something else? 5.5" LC CCS black pads (2)

Vinyl/Plastic/Rubber - Meg's #40 Vinyl/Rubber Conditioner, Meg's Ultimate Protectant (ordered, currently being shipped), Optimum Opti-Bond (ordered, currently being shipped)

Glass - Stoner Invisible Glass

Thanks all for your help. Feed back please

ScottB
07-29-2010, 10:06 AM
AIO's --- Optimum Polyseal, XMT360, Klasse AIO

Durability -- Klasse Twins

kb2ehj
07-29-2010, 10:43 AM
Hi all,
I'm looking for a product that will combine the compounding and polishing steps into one. These are all DDs so I'm not looking for a show car shine, but I would like to get rid of all of the swirls and surface scratches and leave the surface ready for a LSP with no step in between. So far the only product that I can think of that will give me the results in the time frame I'm looking for is Meg's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream. Are there any other products out there that I can potentially use?

Last weekend I did my very first, AIO 1 step paint correction on a friends very neglected DD. I was truly impressed with the way DD151 and the PC 7424xp worked. It got out all the swirls, brought the shine back to the paint and left a protective layer that could probably last a good month or two. I topped it with Natty's blue liquid as part of my agreement with getting one of the free bottles. Review of both the correction and product is being written as we speak.

Related question - I'd also need a wax/sealant that will last a long time. I've heard Collinite 845's durability is exceptional. Would this be a good choice?

Earlier this summer I tried 845 on out Silver Volvo S40, still looks great to this day. I don't think you could go wrong with this product. Might want to look into getting some of the DP Paint sealant. I haven't used it yet but got a bottle on my last order and just placed another order today since it's on BOGO ( I couldn't let it go).

Another wax you might want to look into is DP's Maxwax, it does a nice job, not to expensive (although with the last price increase it might be reaching the upper limit of what I'm whiling to spend (personal view only))

dublifecrisis
07-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Poli-seal is awesome stuff. There really isn't any residue to remove but I like to buff of what's there with Optimum Car Wax. It's a killer look and it doesn't get much easier than this combo.

AeroCleanse
07-29-2010, 11:22 AM
For a long lasting sealant, Ultima Paint Guard Plus lasts a long time, and I would assume Optimum Opti-Seal would as well. Both are really easy to work with.

Emile
07-29-2010, 12:05 PM
I say Optimum Poli-Seal as a nice one-stepper but needs to be topped with something. Opti-Seal would be fast and easy to follow up with after Poli-Seal.

I've heard good things about D151 and XMT360 but never used them.

Killr recommended Klasse AIO but it's not gonna correct anything unless you use a Flex DA or something with serious power, even then there is no abrasives in K-AIO so you're limited to chemical cleaning. Matter of fact, killr the Klasse Twins have no place for this situation.

kb2ehj
07-29-2010, 01:47 PM
I've heard good things about D151

As I posted above, this is some awesome stuff. I was very impressed as was the owner of the car after using it. Mini show and shine review coming soon.

Bert31
07-29-2010, 03:42 PM
If you come to a car that is in pretty good shape, Optiseal would be a good choice. If the car could use a decent amount of paint correction I would go with D151.

BobbyG
07-29-2010, 05:40 PM
I've used Klasse AIO with a white pad and I'm really impressed with the results of this one step product. :xyxthumbs:

dublifecrisis
07-29-2010, 08:08 PM
People keep saying opti-seal...lol

poli-seal is the AIO. Opti-seal is a sealant....just helping stoneraizer not be confused.

Old Tiger
07-29-2010, 08:45 PM
DG 105 is a great AIO and it costs less than $10 OTC. It has a mild abrasive and is very user friendly!

Bert31
07-29-2010, 09:51 PM
People keep saying opti-seal...lol

poli-seal is the AIO. Opti-seal is a sealant....just helping stoneraizer not be confused.

Oops, you are correct, I should have said Poliseal.

StoneRaizer
07-30-2010, 08:29 AM
I've looked at both Opti-Seal and Poli-Seal. Opti-Seal (the sealant) comes in a little 8 oz squirt bottle similar to the bottle that my eyeglasses cleaner comes in while the Poli-Seal (the AIO) comes in a 32 oz bottle. I know Optimum's recently launched a spray compound and a spray polish, but a spray AIO in a tiny bottle that Opti-Seal comes in seems a little too good to be true. :wow:

According to AutoGeek's Poli-Seal (http://www.autogeek.net/32ozoppo.html) page, the cut of Poli-Seal comes in just below Optimum Polish. AutoGeek's Compound/Swirl Remover chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master.htm) lists Optimum Polish at a 4 for cut, so I'm guessing Poli-Seal would be a 3. D151 comes in at a 4. By using an orange LC CCS pad on speed 4 or 5 I imagine I can achieve more cut with both products.

Poli-Seal is less expensive than D151 and I highly doubt I'll use a 128 oz bottle of D151 since that's the only size Autogeek carries. I'll have to look into product reviews and galleries to decide if Poli-Seal will give me the results I'm looking for.

Emile
07-30-2010, 08:55 AM
I'd like to state that my original post terminology was correct. I stated to do the polishing with Poli-Seal and then seal up the car right after with Opti-Seal for durability.

ScottB
07-30-2010, 09:58 AM
I've looked at both Opti-Seal and Poli-Seal. Opti-Seal (the sealant) comes in a little 8 oz squirt bottle similar to the bottle that my eyeglasses cleaner comes in while the Poli-Seal (the AIO) comes in a 32 oz bottle. I know Optimum's recently launched a spray compound and a spray polish, but a spray AIO in a tiny bottle that Opti-Seal comes in seems a little too good to be true. :wow:

According to AutoGeek's Poli-Seal (http://www.autogeek.net/32ozoppo.html) page, the cut of Poli-Seal comes in just below Optimum Polish. AutoGeek's Compound/Swirl Remover chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master.htm) lists Optimum Polish at a 4 for cut, so I'm guessing Poli-Seal would be a 3. D151 comes in at a 4. By using an orange LC CCS pad on speed 4 or 5 I imagine I can achieve more cut with both products.

Poli-Seal is less expensive than D151 and I highly doubt I'll use a 128 oz bottle of D151 since that's the only size Autogeek carries. I'll have to look into product reviews and galleries to decide if Poli-Seal will give me the results I'm looking for.

Sometimes a product is more about what it does, than just the numbers on the chart. I find Polyseal (Optimums not DP) to really be a great AIO and easy to use too.

I would NOT personally however use an orange pad with AIO's. I would tend to think you'll see more micromarring from the pad itself and wont finish down properly. I would only go white with AIO's specifically.

One other thought, how about using Menzerna 203 PowerFinish ?? Its a great one step polish. Then use something simple like Optimums Opti-seal which is a wipe on walk away sealant and it should be around the same time and make a 1-2 punch.