PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Glaze Vinyl&Rubber Cleaner

nabisco shine
07-28-2010, 03:30 AM
can i use this on dash door pannels and outside trim?

BobbyG
07-28-2010, 04:35 AM
can i use this on dash door pannels and outside trim?

If you're referring to Meguiar's M40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner then yes, here what Meguiar's says;

Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner is a complex formula that cleans, penetrates and rejuvenates vinyl and rubber surfaces. Durable protection that screens out damaging UV rays. Restores life and color. Leaves a rich, natural sheen, unlike the shiny synthetic coating of simple protectants.

What I've found is although it can be used on outside trim I think there are other products better suited for this application and seem to last longer. M40 does a fantastic job on interior surfaces leaving a soft sheen and a leathery scent behind.

nabisco shine
07-28-2010, 05:02 AM
thanks bobby can this be applied on leather seats also?

BobbyG
07-28-2010, 05:08 AM
thanks bobby can this be applied on leather seats also?

Yes.

Finished leather surfaces are treated to give them protection against wear, scratching and from the elements and to make cleaning easier. Over time, these protectants are lost due to abrasion and exposure to the sun so it makes sense to use a cleaner and protectant as well.

nabisco shine
07-28-2010, 05:09 AM
thanks bobby thanks for the info i needed!!....

StoneRaizer
07-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Interiors it's great on, although some people don't like the scent. It can be used on exterior plastic as well but it runs in the rain. If you're getting a car ready for a show and know it's not going to rain then you can use it in a pinch if you don't have anything else available.

If you want to stick with Meguiars I've heard great things about their new Ultimate Protectant. Supposedly it holds up very well on exterior trim against rain and water. I haven't had the chance to try it out myself but I have a bottle being shipped to me right now so I can update this post with my comments after I try it out.

BobbyG
07-28-2010, 03:15 PM
:iagree:

Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant and Poorboy's World Trim Restorer are the very best for protecting and enhancing any plastic or vinyl automotive trim. I've tried nearly everything and these two rise to the top and are very hard to beat.

Which one's the best? That's a darn good question! I like the way Poorboy's World Trim Restorer goes on. It's a clear fluid and goes on smoooooth yet isn't runny. Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant is a creamy liquid and must be gone over a few times to even it out. In the end both do a superb job and adding a deep rich luster to any exterior plastic or rubber trim.

jsgntulok
07-28-2010, 09:32 PM
I use #40 on interior surfaces except for the top of the instrument panel since, in my opinion, it leaves a slight sheen. For the top of the instrument panel, I prefer to use Meguiar's Interior Quick Detailer. I also love the smell of both of these products.