PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation on plush MF mitt or towel for ONR

shriram
07-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Hi all

Newbie to detailing and currently wash my 2001 Audi S4 (Black) that is not garaged with a Viking wash mitt and Meguiars Gold Class car wash.

(Car was garaged prior to me buying it a few months ago, I live in SF and no garage, only street parking).

I bought some Optimum No Rinse Car wash and when I asked Optimum for the right mitt they suggested a big, plush MF mitt or towel rather than my Viking wash mitt.

Any recommendations on good wash mitt/towel for use with ONR, I am not going to use a grout sponge at this time. (I know of Meguiars white mitt and also the blue chenille mitt from Walmart).

Thanks

Shriram

dublifecrisis
07-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Personally, I like a good old chenille wash mitt (actually 2) for ONR. I've tried grout sponges and various MF towels (plush, not so plush). Seems like the mitt releases the dirt better. still use two buckets and I add a cap of ONR to my rinse bucket too. Pre spray the section with ONR QD, plop the mitt onto the panel and gently swipe the entire section, flip it over then wash the section with a little more pressure. Hit the rinse bucket, wring it out and back into the ONR bucket. The idea with the gentle swipe is to grab up a good bit of dirt with the gentle swipe then flip to the clean side and clean the section more thoroughly. Hope this helps.

ScottB
07-27-2010, 08:39 PM
I use a Miracle Towel as a backup, but have kinda fallen for those MF ones with all the little fingers.

Old Tiger
07-28-2010, 06:52 PM
I love the infamous Shamrocks for ONR. The 600's would be great too.

Old Tiger
07-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Personally, I like a good old chenille wash mitt (actually 2) for ONR. I've tried grout sponges and various MF towels (plush, not so plush). Seems like the mitt releases the dirt better. still use two buckets and I add a cap of ONR to my rinse bucket too. Pre spray the section with ONR QD, plop the mitt onto the panel and gently swipe the entire section, flip it over then wash the section with a little more pressure. Hit the rinse bucket, wring it out and back into the ONR bucket. The idea with the gentle swipe is to grab up a good bit of dirt with the gentle swipe then flip to the clean side and clean the section more thoroughly. Hope this helps.
A very good method. I use 2 buckets too.