PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber size?

09TSX
07-26-2010, 07:39 AM
What is the ideal size for microfiber polish removal cloths or towels? Most everything I see is 16"x16", which seems a little dinky to me. This would be about the size of a shop rag. By the time you fold it twice you are looking at about 7" or 8" square. To remove wax I have always used a 20"x30" microfiber.

Is polish removal different?

CEE DOG
07-26-2010, 07:46 AM
Personnally I like the 16x16 size. They certainly don't need to be any bigger for me. I fold them twice and then they are the perfect size 8x8 to apply fairly consistent pressure with one hand. Then you flip over.... Then you refold..... Then you grab another towel :xyxthumbs: Any bigger wouldn't be my cup of tea as it would either be wasted space or would get confusing about all the folds in it.

daveinsweethome
07-26-2010, 08:39 AM
agree with cee dog. even a 16 by 24 bunches up when folded for me. recently been trying all kinds of new polish removal cloths. for my 2 cents this is the hardest most pain in the ass thing we do. any keebler elfs for hire to do this for me?

ScottB
07-26-2010, 09:49 AM
the standard size does indeed seem to work well. I only find a big benefit in longer towels when drying and some like the Ultimate Guzzler are still much too big for a Vette or Saturn.

HighEndDetail
07-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Personnally I like the 16x16 size. They certainly don't need to be any bigger for me. I fold them twice and then they are the perfect size 8x8 to apply fairly consistent pressure with one hand. Then you flip over.... Then you refold..... Then you grab another towel

:iagree:I guess that is why I have so many purple deluxe jr's :D

Dubbin1
07-26-2010, 12:20 PM
I find 16x16 to be the perfect size, and bigger and the towel seems to want to clump up and come unfolded while wiping.

Rsurfer
07-26-2010, 01:34 PM
the standard size does indeed seem to work well. I only find a big benefit in longer towels when drying and some like the Ultimate Guzzler are still much too big for a Vette or Saturn.
:iagree:As a matter of fact, I fold the 16X16 in half and then in thirds.

trhland
07-26-2010, 03:15 PM
i actually like the 16z24

Old Tiger
07-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Personnally I like the 16x16 size. They certainly don't need to be any bigger for me. I fold them twice and then they are the perfect size 8x8 to apply fairly consistent pressure with one hand. Then you flip over.... Then you refold..... Then you grab another towel :xyxthumbs: Any bigger wouldn't be my cup of tea as it would either be wasted space or would get confusing about all the folds in it.
Well said Corey! 16x16 works best for me. I like Indigos best for polish.

Old Tiger
07-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Totally agree! The HD Guzzler is the perfect drying MF for my XLR!

The BSMachine
07-30-2010, 09:33 AM

Agreed, I only like the LARGE towels for drying purpous once I go over the car with a water blade (carefully). Makes the job so much easier.