PDA

View Full Version : stumbled across this.

corolla619
07-25-2010, 10:42 PM
hopefully i'm not breaking the rules but was very curious.

i took the fam to a carnival and stumbled acxross a vendor selling this liquid wax. it was called carnu-b. so i picked his brain a bit. he had a hood sitting there, half of the hood had this wax on all day in the 100 degree sun and the other half had a portion of overspray on the hood. now not really overspray but actually spray painted this beautiful hood.

so he told me to wipe the side that had the wax baking on this hood all day. came off like butter. kudos for that.

then he takes a drop of the wax and goes after the spray painted section. it took it right off. pretty amazing.

see, my sign is a taurus so i don't like change or stepping out of the box but after beating it around, i bought 2 16oz. bottles. tried it on the wifey's car:xyxthumbs:....and it did an amazing job.

anyways, i was just curious if anyone has seen or heard of this stuff? just wanted to get a little feedback.

again, i hope i'm not crossing boundaries by posting this, just wanted to see if anyone had any experience before i actually put this stuff on my shelf.

Shane731
07-25-2010, 11:59 PM
I thought this sounded familiar. I haven't used the stuff, but I did see a YouTube video on it. Looks like an interesting product.

(video removed)

Rsurfer
07-26-2010, 12:59 AM
hopefully i'm not breaking the rules but was very curious.

i took the fam to a carnival and stumbled acxross a vendor selling this liquid wax. it was called carnu-b. so i picked his brain a bit. he had a hood sitting there, half of the hood had this wax on all day in the 100 degree sun and the other half had a portion of overspray on the hood. now not really overspray but actually spray painted this beautiful hood.

so he told me to wipe the side that had the wax baking on this hood all day. came off like butter. kudos for that.

then he takes a drop of the wax and goes after the spray painted section. it took it right off. pretty amazing.

see, my sign is a taurus so i don't like change or stepping out of the box but after beating it around, i bought 2 16oz. bottles. tried it on the wifey's car:xyxthumbs:....and it did an amazing job.

anyways, i was just curious if anyone has seen or heard of this stuff? just wanted to get a little feedback.

again, i hope i'm not crossing boundaries by posting this, just wanted to see if anyone had any experience before i actually put this stuff on my shelf.
I have a bottle and its sitting on my shelf collecting dust. Maybe I should give it another shot.

rohnramirez
07-26-2010, 01:52 AM
Wow. It seems like an all in one such as XMT360 and D151. They are marketing it as a chemical polish with wax. Cool! But it could also just be solvent, and the spray paint used on the infomercial could just also be the same type of solvent that's why they could make it appear as though it was chemically cleaning the surface.

Example - lacquer thinner will remove lacquer paint (white and black spray paint) but will leave the polyurethane paint unaffected (BC/CC or 2K - the red paint). But if my hunch is wrong, and that is cheap, no harm in trying and testing it out. :)

corolla619
07-26-2010, 02:43 AM
i'm on the fence with applying this to my vehicle but i guess....no harm....no foul? as i told my wife, this could be one of those hidden gems that someone has to try out. i mean, no one would know about wax-x vs. wax-y without a consumer to try it.

i did use it on the rear quarter panel of my wife's car. she had road tar that coincidently just happened friday and to my eyes....off it came with little effort.

as i said, i don't like stepping out of the box. i stick with my souveran and so on but i might give this one a try. if i don't approve then the wifey gets the 2 bottles for the showers and so on lol.

ScottB
07-26-2010, 07:30 AM
It is ok to discuss other products in general, but please remember no links and no videos as they as they are competitors products.

In general its hard to believe all the claims and benefits these show waxes often suggest. TPP down here suggests its tephlon based (yet not baked on with even Dupont suggests is only way to see a benefit) and protects from fire, contaminents, and even spray paint. They wipe it off or light it up before your eyes. It is however impossible to know what was done to the car prior (perhaps 10 coats of product) and all the harsh ingredients they could use in there. So I tread lightly at trade shows unless the manufacturer is well known ....

daveinsweethome
07-26-2010, 08:37 AM
bought some butter wax from a vendor at our county fair. out of idaho. same promises and it was the easiest to remove i have ever used. trouble was it lasted about a week total. probably a glaze of some sort. i also went to a show in la once and a guy with a georgeous black ford truck was waxing it in 100 degree plus with no problem and great results. it was the first time i had ever seen that. found out later it was adams. still love my souverain though. finishing up an e zyme (looks great but no durability)