PDA

View Full Version : Megs Sealant question

purgeofdarkness
07-23-2010, 07:37 PM
I was wondering what the difference is between their #21 and #20. one says polymer and the other is just a sealant. can anyone give me an explination?

sydster
07-23-2010, 08:18 PM
#20 has some cleaners in it, it sort of works like a cleaner wax but also provides a good sealant protection. Hope that helps.

akimel
07-23-2010, 09:38 PM
As sydster mentioned, M20 contains mild cleaners and functions like a AIO cleaner wax. It is composed of synthetic and natural ingredients. I like this product a lot. M21, on the other hand, is a 100% synthetic sealant. I have never used it myself, but I understand that its look is very similar to NXT.

Mike Phillips
07-23-2010, 09:48 PM
As sydster mentioned, M20 contains mild cleaners and functions like a AIO cleaner wax. It is composed of synthetic and natural ingredients. I like this product a lot. M21, on the other hand, is a 100% synthetic sealant. I have never used it myself, but I understand that its look is very similar to NXT.

Correctamundo...

M20 Polymer Sealant has also been around for a long time, I'm confident it came out in the early 1980's and maybe even the 1970's. Formula updated as new technology introduced.

M21 is a relatively new product, I think it was introduced in 2005, a year after NXT

M20, as mentioned, is a light cleaner/wax or cleaner/hybrid, (hybrid = blended with synthetic and natural protection ingredients).

How To Choose The Right Wax or Paint Sealant for your Detailing Project (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23263-how-choose-right-wax-paint-sealant-your-detailing-project.html)

:)

purgeofdarkness
07-23-2010, 11:09 PM
I think I should read all your articles before moving any further. Thank you everyone.

jayhkr
07-24-2010, 07:23 PM
I have M21, it's ok but I probably won't use it again as I saw -0- difference in appeaerance. But its easy to work with! Might have to put my 2/3 bottle up for trade someday.