PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy new pads

Damnhor2
07-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Hey guys, currently I am working with ccs 5.5 inch pads and I heard good things about the new hydro tech pads.
What do they mean water base polishes?, where does it say?
And what do u think about the new pads?

Damnhor2
07-24-2010, 04:10 AM
Hehe, I was really tired when I wrote that message, and it shows!

What I meant was, that it says the pads are only compatible with water based polishes and I have no idea what that means.
If anyone could explain plus give an opinion on the pads I would really appreciate it :)

A4 1.8tqm
07-24-2010, 03:02 PM
The Hydro-tech foam pads have closed cells, this makes it more difficult for liquids (polish) to be absorbed deep into the pad. This keeps your polish on the surface of the pad, saving you on product. I think the reason that you should only use water based polishes with these pads is because, since it's hard for the polish to be absorbed, it's also hard to clean it out.

The pads are great, excellent cut and they still finish nicely, but you have to be very careful with them or the backing will separate from the foam, unless they've fixed the adhesive problem

Rez90
07-24-2010, 03:19 PM
The hydrotechs are excellent. Although i won't, they make me want to throw my CCS pads away.

Most of todays popular polishes are water based so you don't really have to worry.

I use Megs 105/205, Poorboys SSR line, Menz polishes, and HD Uno on hydortech pads and always wonder why i even keep anything else on hand in the same size...

A4 1.8tqm
07-24-2010, 03:22 PM
:iagree: Also, I think any polish that is "body shop safe" will be fine on HT pads.

Damnhor2
07-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Nice!, well, as of now I'm using the porter cable 7424 with ccs pads with Menzerna products but I only got like a few of them so I think I'm gonna order some Hydro-tech pads and switch to them. Also maybe get some Megs 105/205, I hear nothing but good things about them.
Also, the orange ccs pad isn't giving me the cut I need for the RIDS.