PDA

View Full Version : water spots????

MONSTERMATT
07-22-2010, 03:54 PM
what is the way to remove these from a car and a boat???, what is the best way to prevent them from happening again?? A reverse osmosis system??

trhland
07-22-2010, 04:50 PM
the best way to prevent water spots is to be sure you have anice coat of wax on your car or boat. to remove these spots you can use a paint cleansing lotion like pinnacle.. then follow up with your favorite wax or sealant. you should be good to go ..:xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
09-04-2010, 11:37 AM
How you remove water spots depends upon if they are,

Type I
Type II
Type III

Tracers Tracers - RIDS - Pigtails - Cobweb Swirls - Rotary Buffer Swirls - Holograms - Water Spots - Bird Drooping Etchings - Micro-Marring (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/22234-tracers-rids-pigtails-cobweb-swirls-rotary-buffer-swirls-holograms-water-spots-bird-droping-etchings-micro-marring.html)

Type I Water Spots
Type I Water Spots are primarily a mineral or dirt deposit laying on the surface of paint. Type I Water Spots can be the results of minerals suspended in city water or well water that are left behind after the water evaporates off the finish. This can happen by washing a car but not drying the water off the paint or if a sprinkler goes off next to the car covering the car with water drop that are not dried off the paint. Type I Water Spots can also be dirt or pollution particles left behind after water from rain or inclement weather evaporates of the finish. Type I Water Spots can also be Type II Water Spots in that the water can leave both a deposit on the surface and an etching in the finish.

Type II Water Spots
Type II Water Spots are actual etchings or craters in the paint because something corrosive in a water source has landed on the paint and was not removed before a portion of the paint was eaten or dissolved by the corrosive substance.

Type III Water Spots
Type III Water Spots are spots that look faded or dull and are found primarily found on single stage paints after a water source lands on and then pools on the paint and is usually left to dwell on the surface for some measure of time before it evaporates or is wiped-off the surface.

:)

NorthernVaBMW
09-04-2010, 01:20 PM
I just posted a tip about water spots on windshields (the mineral deposit kind that Mike Phillips just described).

I tried a lot of cleaners and Diamondite Spray Clay is the only product that I've found (so far) that really works to remove water spots and mineral deposits before they etch your glass. The best thing, of course, it to prevent them from happening in the first place by protecting your paint and glass.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/28465-tips-removing-wax-plastic-trim-water-spots-windshields.html