PDA

View Full Version : Shampooing on cars?

Detail Newbi
07-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Feed back pleaseWhat is the best shampooer for cars?

loudog2
07-22-2010, 03:25 PM
To clean carpet?? People use the bissel pro heat automotive and little green machine. This is not expensive. Othewise you can get a hot water extractor, which is $500+(aztec or mytee).

C. Charles Hahn
07-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Depends on what exactly you're looking to describe. Are you perhaps intending to say "hot water carpet extractor"?

"Shampooer" is a term I hear generally used by shops that haven't embraced the idea of finite terms for the equipment and processes they use or customers who have been misinformed about what detailing an interior involves. The term is also ambiguous as there are a few different ways to clean carpets and upholstery that have all been incorrectly referred to as "shampooing" at one point or another.

So are you looking for an extractor, or are you looking to find a process that involves manual scrubbing and a wet/dry shop vac, or....? For what nature of detailing are you looking to use the machine -- just your personal use, or in a professional environment? If pro, are you using it for mobile purposes, or are you in a fixed location/shop?

All of these factors come into play when discussing carpet and upholstery cleaning solutions.

Detail Newbi
07-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Depends on what exactly you're looking to describe. Are you perhaps intending to say "hot water carpet extractor"?

"Shampooer" is a term I hear generally used by shops that haven't embraced the idea of finite terms for the equipment and processes they use or customers who have been misinformed about what detailing an interior involves. The term is also ambiguous as there are a few different ways to clean carpets and upholstery that have all been incorrectly referred to as "shampooing" at one point or another.

So are you looking for an extractor, or are you looking to find a process that involves manual scrubbing and a wet/dry shop vac, or....? For what nature of detailing are you looking to use the machine -- just your personal use, or in a professional environment? If pro, are you using it for mobile purposes, or are you in a fixed location/shop?

All of these factors come into play when discussing carpet and upholstery cleaning solutions.

yes im intending to say hot water. I am wanting it for pro enviorment? I am wanting it to be both where i can clean it at the shop or maybe go clean at the customers house.