PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum Cleaners

Detail Newbi
07-22-2010, 02:18 PM
My dad and I are in progress on starting up a detailing buisness. We have been buying what we need and when it comes to vacuum cleaners we are not sure what to get, any suggestions on which is the best kind?

HighEndDetail
07-22-2010, 02:24 PM
I have been using a ridgit 4 gal 5.0hp vac for six years, and never a issue

Dubbin1
07-22-2010, 02:24 PM
You want a shop vac not a vacuum cleaner ;) I have been using a 5hp Ridgid for several years now with no complaints.

Detail Newbi
07-22-2010, 02:26 PM
You want a shop vac not a vacuum cleaner ;) I have been using a 5hp Ridgid for several years now with no complaints.
:xyxthumbs: thanks. I meant a shop vac just didnt type it.Im the MAN

C. Charles Hahn
07-22-2010, 03:34 PM
:xyxthumbs: thanks. I meant a shop vac just didnt type it.Im the MAN

Just remember, it's always important to "Mean what you say, and say what you mean."

It can be tough to help give someone the right answer if they aren't asking the right question. :props:

Personally I'm using a 6.5HP Shop Vac with a 12 gallon tank; pretty much any mid-level to high end unit you pick up at Home Depot, Lowe's, or similar stores will do the trick just fine.

monito
02-08-2012, 12:16 PM
How about some car attachments?

p@

VR8
02-08-2012, 12:41 PM
6hp Craftsman from Sears, around $80. I've had it for many years and it's still going strong.

Change/Clean your filters often!

LSUFAN
02-08-2012, 01:49 PM
I went throw 3 (shop vac) brand vacs in 3 years and was always careful about there care. So after the last one died I went with a (rigid)shop vac an haven't had a problem with it yet (2 years). Rigid also sells a auto accessory kit that come with many attachments an a new hose. The hose is far superior to the black one that come with the vac itself. And as far as the attachments I only use the crevice tool. Just my 2 cents but hope this helps.

monito
02-08-2012, 01:56 PM
I went throw 3 (shop vac) brand vacs in 3 years and was always careful about there care. So after the last one died I went with a (rigid)shop vac an haven't had a problem with it yet (2 years). Rigid also sells a auto accessory kit that come with many attachments an a new hose. The hose is far superior to the black one that come with the vac itself. And as far as the attachments I only use the crevice tool. Just my 2 cents but hope this helps.

Can you give me more specifics like hp gsllons etc

Thanks

p@

LSUFAN
02-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Sure it's a rigid wet/dry 12gal 5.0hp vac. I do highly recommend getting the auto kit just for the hose it comes with. Haven't been able to find just the hose. The crevice tool is also bendable which really comes in handy.