PDA

View Full Version : Removing Smoke Stains

2SLICK4U
07-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Removing a smoke stains from the visor and seats and some on the celing , not much but still i can't stand the smell , my question is which product i should use for the smoke stain and for upholstery there is so many choices i don't my spending little extra for better product. This is what i have DP Carpet Extractor Pre-Treatment and DP Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner ,should i get some other stuff or is that enough for my cleaning. I was thinking about buying a Bissel Little Green do you think that would clean better ? maybe some other suggestins on what should i do my upholstery is gray,

Pyrocite
07-22-2010, 12:31 AM
I cleaned a whole car with Bissel Little Green and worked very nicely. I would suggest Clear Air Genie Fogging Air Freshener, (http://www.autogeek.net/clairgefoair.html) as for the cleaner I used something found in local retail stores. I will try DP products next time (have not used the Dakota (http://www.autogeek.net/odor-bomb-car-fogger.html) product yet).

Just remember to purchase the Little Green from a local store and I hate to say it but if you dont like it return it, cause it has its limits. This machine is not bad for small projects, even weekly cleaning.

ScottB
07-22-2010, 08:21 AM
For smell, Duragloss Odor Absorber worked rather well for me. I did find even in smokers cars that Einszett A/C Cleaner (Klimate Kleaner) worked well too, its as if the smell somehow locked in there and a/c spread it around.

Meghan
07-22-2010, 08:26 AM
Scott is right make sure you treat A/C to get a complete cleaning! Otherwise everytime you turn on the A/C its going to stink it back up!

2SLICK4U
07-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Thank you for answers but how about the smoke stains would i be able to remove them with my DP products or i should buy something different for smoke stains ,what do you guys recomend, once again thank you

AeroCleanse
07-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Not sure about DP products, but a good APC will take care of the stains.

2SLICK4U
07-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Which brand APC should i get there is so many of them can some one recomend a good one

AeroCleanse
07-22-2010, 09:24 PM
I use Meg's APC, but will be switching to Meg's APC+

2SLICK4U
07-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Which one i should get out of these three Chemical Guys, DP, Meg's APC+ or Poorboy's ?

AeroCleanse
07-22-2010, 11:19 PM
I'd probably shop on price per use. Meg''s APC+ can be diluted 10:1.

tuscarora dave
07-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Which one i should get out of these three Chemical Guys, DP, Meg's APC+ or Poorboy's ?
The Poorboy's APC will definitely do the job and is mild on your hands and pads too.

2SLICK4U
08-19-2010, 07:38 PM
I just recived my Meguiars APC+ AND will do 2 cars with little green