PDA

View Full Version : getting ready for small carshow

nabisco shine
07-20-2010, 04:33 AM
im doing a blue 04 lexus im gonna clay,m205,no7 show car glaze after 205,seleant 2.0 then hi tech yellow wax.. can i just add yellow wax after 15 min of wait time after sealant is done?

trhland
07-20-2010, 05:30 AM
im doing a blue 04 lexus im gonna clay,m205,no7 show car glaze after 205,seleant 2.0 then hi tech yellow wax.. can i just add yellow wax after 15 min of wait time after sealant is done?

all i do when i enter my truck is put a coat of souveran paste wax. forget glazes. if you have souveran thats all you need ... its a wax/glaze.. perfect for car shows...

BobbyG
07-20-2010, 07:26 AM
If the paint is in good shape you might want to skip the glaze as it's intended to temperately fill minor defects. After the M205 go over it with Menzerna PO85RD and a gray or red Lake Country pad. Do an IPA wipe down then apply Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 and after 12 hours then final wax.

I used this exact approach on my truck and it finish looked wet it was so shinny. For the wax I used Collinite 845. Tom mentioned Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax and there's no doubt that it's a premium wax with outstanding results but the Collinite worked very well for me.

nabisco shine
07-26-2010, 12:14 AM
do i ley the wolfgang sit on the car for 12 hours or whipe off then sit for 12 hours?

01MUSSL
07-26-2010, 12:28 AM
I believe it is let the WG sealant sit for an hour (or more if possible) then let it sit for about 12 hours with no liquid contact.

nabisco shine
07-26-2010, 12:41 AM
ok do i let it seat on the car foe 12 hours then wipe or let it seat for 2 hours then wipe then wait for 12 hours then apply another coat?

01MUSSL
07-26-2010, 01:21 AM
I believe it is let the WG sealant sit for an hour (or more if possible) then let it sit for about 12 hours with no liquid contact.

I meant to say, let the WG sealant sit for an hour (or more if possible) then wipe off. It should have no water/liquid contact for 12 hours. After that you can lay something on top

nabisco shine
07-26-2010, 01:47 AM
ok thank you just info i needed

Mike Phillips
07-26-2010, 07:35 AM
From the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant page,

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 (http://www.autogeek.net/wg5500.html)

Check out the bolded portions...

Directions:

1. Wash your vehicle using Wolfgang Auto Bathe or your favorite shampoo. Dry completely.

2. For the best results, use a paint cleanser like Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer to remove mild imperfections and wax build-up.

3. Apply Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 over the entire vehicle either by hand or with a machine. If applying by hand, use a yellow foam applicator. If applying by machine, use a blue finessing pad. Using a dual action polisher, set the maximum speed to 4.5 and work in overlapping sections until the entire vehicle is covered. Apply a very thin, even coat.

4. Once the vehicle is covered, wait 30-45 minutes before buffing off the sealant. Use a microfiber towel or a microfiber bonnet on your polisher.

5. This product is moisture-sensitive. In order to achieve a slick, durable finish, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 must cure for at least 12 hours before being exposed to moisture. Do not apply sealant before dusk because dew will interfere with the adhesion to the paint. Park your vehicle in a garage or under a shelter while it is curing, if possible.

6. Use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant to boost the gloss and protection any time with even more reflective Super Polymers.

* If you like the layered look, first lay down a coat of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0. After it cures, apply a coat of Wolfgang Füzion Estate Wax to enjoy the benefits of both Carnauba wax and polymers.

In a perfect world, after removing the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint 3.0 you would wait for 12 hours and then apply your next product of choice.

:)