PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Ultra Poly clay question

JakeE
07-20-2010, 03:38 AM
It's my understanding that the average/medium clay bar will strip wax/sealant during the claying process - please correct me if I'm wrong on this. My question is will a finer clay like the Pinnacle Ultra Poly variety leave waxes/sealants in place? I'd like to use the Ultra Poly every month or two in addition to a medium grade clay twice a year but not if I have to reapply sealant that frequently. Much obliged for your input!

Rsurfer
07-20-2010, 04:17 AM
It's my understanding that the average/medium clay bar will strip wax/sealant during the claying process - please correct me if I'm wrong on this. My question is will a finer clay like the Pinnacle Ultra Poly variety leave waxes/sealants in place? I'd like to use the Ultra Poly every month or two in addition to a medium grade clay twice a year but not if I have to reapply sealant that frequently. Much obliged for your input!It may not remove all of the lsp, but it would be advisable to re-seal/wax after claying.

ScottB
07-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Since all clay has to be abrasive by design, rubbing against paint, I would also suggest reapply your protection after using it.

Dubbin1
07-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Since all clay has to be abrasive by design, rubbing against paint, I would also suggest reapply your protection after using it.

It claims to be nonabrasive on the store page.

Silverstone
08-12-2010, 04:07 PM
It claims to be nonabrasive on the store page.

That's probably non abrasive to the paint, not the wax. ;)