PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Hot Water Extractors

Pages : [1] 2

nabisco shine
07-19-2010, 03:00 PM
should i buy this? is it worth it? i have the hardest time taking out stains on clients car somtimes i cant even take stains out i tried everything like folex and all the scrub products, what should i do?

mcpp66
07-19-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm no professional detailer, but I took the plunge and got one and am glad I did. I got the Aztec. I've already cleaned the mats and carpets of a few cars and when I poured out the dirty water it really looked like sludge. So now I know that my carpets are clean down deep and plus my interior smells really nice now. If you don't mind parting with the coin, I say go for it! When I get the bread I'm also going to get a commercial-grade steamer to go along with the extractor. After seeing videos about steamers and my experience with the extractor, I don't know if I could ever be without one now! In my mind there's no other way to deep clean!

WRAPT C5Z06
07-19-2010, 03:11 PM
I use the bissel pro heat for now, but I would LOVE to buy an Aztec or something similar in the future.

Chris27182
07-19-2010, 03:16 PM
I have the aztec and love it! I also use it in the house too! If you can spare the cash get one. Also they have great resale value so even if you had to sell it later on down the road you can get quite a bit of your money back!

nabisco shine
07-19-2010, 03:57 PM
thanks everyone is it hard to use? im sure ill be buying it. how is it to maintain the extractor? i get so bumbed when i cant get rid of stains on other cars errr

PAR Detailing
07-19-2010, 05:33 PM
thanks everyone is it hard to use? im sure ill be buying it. how is it to maintain the extractor? i get so bumbed when i cant get rid of stains on other cars errr

I have one and no it is not hard to use at all. You have to find a system that works for you with it but you will love it once you get your system down. I personally only use distilled water in it to keep it running great but that is a decision you can make.

Bullitt AK
07-19-2010, 05:36 PM
im pretty sure you can use tap water also and use extractor defoamer in the recovery tank...wipe away any suds before extracting the area..suds can screw up motor...use a system maintainer periodically, it de scales and de limes everything

ryandamartini
07-19-2010, 05:49 PM
$650.00 >.< man i wish there was a good intermediate in pricing.

jayhkr
07-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Would a Rug Doctor be considered a hot water extractor or just a carpet cleaner? I bought one last year for the home. It came with the hose attachments and everything and have used it to clean my floor mats. It does very well at most stains, with the exception of really oily stains. IF the day ever comes and I do get to get out and detail someone's car, would one use it in lew of the other $650+ option?

Bullitt AK
07-19-2010, 08:26 PM
idk the specs of a rug doctor but there are much better alternatives...you pre-treated the stains and they still wouldnt come out?

ok so i see it has a 28 psi pump which is pretty low...you prob cant get to the bottom of those stains with that much pressure...lift is 101" which is good tho

PAR Detailing
07-19-2010, 08:34 PM
im pretty sure you can use tap water also and use extractor defoamer in the recovery tank...wipe away any suds before extracting the area..suds can screw up motor...use a system maintainer periodically, it de scales and de limes everything

Yes you can use tap water but you have to be careful to keep water deposits from forming in the hose and the jet. I had it happen to me after only a few months so that is why I decide to use just distilled water.
You are correct you absolutely want to use a defomer!

Bullitt AK
07-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Would a Rug Doctor be considered a hot water extractor or just a carpet cleaner? I bought one last year for the home. It came with the hose attachments and everything and have used it to clean my floor mats. It does very well at most stains, with the exception of really oily stains. IF the day ever comes and I do get to get out and detail someone's car, would one use it in lew of the other $650+ option?

looks like the aztec is what most people are talking about in this thread...its way smaller and about 15 or 16 pounds i think...60psi pump and 102" lift .....but the rug doctor would most likely create more suction ebcause of the CFM

Bullitt AK
07-19-2010, 08:43 PM

looks like the aztec is what most people are talking about in this thread...its way smaller and about 15 or 16 pounds i think...60psi pump and 102" lift .....but the rug doctor would most likely create more suction because of the CFM

jayhkr
07-20-2010, 08:56 PM
It's just what I have on hand, so I didn't know if anyone used it.

SATMAN40
07-20-2010, 11:13 PM
I have a Mytee Stinger, and use a Meg with a carpet brush to stir things up. had it for 5 years, at least, use it on rental carpets more than the vehicles.

Has a 12 gal tank, and 2 vacs, 200 psi with 160 on the lift, does a nice job.

Look on ebay a lot of portables units up there, but you never know about the users, maybe check with a carpet cleaner in your area,.they use portables where the trucks can't go...