PDA

View Full Version : Just For Fun...

The Critic
07-18-2010, 01:22 AM
Just for fun, let's pretend for a moment that we can't detail our own cars and we have to bring it to a local car wash. Your choices are either a newer car wash tunnel or a hand wash.

The newer "tunnel" car washes (not gas station in-bay automatics) use the closed cell foam brushes which supposedly, do not capture any dirt from the previous vehicles. They also use high pressure water and new soap on each car.

Then there's the other type: hand washes. They work on a "line" system where a worker cleans each car with a lambswool mitt, but the mitt is used on many cars throughout the day. It is also likely that the car wash solution is not replaced frequently.

So, which one is safer for your paint? I think a newer car wash tunnel may be safer as the machine's brushes may actually stay cleaner and "recycled" soap is not used on your vehicle.

Thoughts?

cobalt9123
07-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Hand wash the car yourself with your own supplies.

bogi094
07-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Newer touchless wash!

fancyfootwork
07-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Hand wash the car yourself with your own supplies.

Haha. I think he means with a universal supply list that everyone uses.

I would still hand wash my car because a 2 minute automatic car wash wont 'clean' nearly as much as I could with a 1 hour hand wash.

jayhkr
07-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Wait for rain and pray a soap truck falls over? LOL

alexjn1
07-19-2010, 07:46 AM
Wait for rain and pray a soap truck falls over? LOL

I had to laugh after reading this.

With bug season in full swing I have been guilty of going out in the rain with some soap on a MF cloth and washing just the windshield and front grill area of my truck.

The rain gets the bug pre-soak going and then rinses the soap off.

POPPAJ
07-19-2010, 08:08 AM
I had to laugh after reading this.

With bug season in full swing I have been guilty of going out in the rain with some soap on a MF cloth and washing just the windshield and front grill area of my truck.

The rain gets the bug pre-soak going and then rinses the soap off.

I do the same thing.............you can see the neighbors at their windows shaking their heads.

Flash Gordon
07-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Before doing either of the choices provided I would rather leave my car in South Memphis with the engine running

Dwayne
07-19-2010, 10:19 AM
I read the title, saw the choices and thought... "Hmmmm, that's no fun at all!"

:laughing: