PDA

View Full Version : POLL: What is your favorite Sealant?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Whitethunder46
11-10-2006, 05:23 PM
If your product is not listed, please post what product below.

With the product you voted for, describe your experience and length of its durability.

Also, post one or two of your favorite sealant/wax combinations and on what color surface.

(I did a quick search and found nothing similiar on this subject. Trying to make a nice thread for newbies and a quick reference.)

Whitethunder46
11-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Was hoping to get more comments than that, lol, all is good.

Reddwarf
11-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Tough poll to vote. I selected DP becuase I've used on 3 cars in the past several months and I am really pleased with the results. Still, it was hard to vote becuase I used Wolfang DGS on my car (dark green) and it was a fantastic result.

Sevenrd
11-10-2006, 08:45 PM
I really don't have a favorite sealant. I've used and like EX-P, SG, UPP, FK2180...IMO they're all good sealants in their own way as far as looks go. As far as durability though, I seal or wax my car far too frequently to get any sense of how long they last.

Whitethunder46
11-10-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm still debating what sealant to use on customer cars.

supercharged
11-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Wolfgang.

wytstang
11-11-2006, 12:28 AM
I really like how easy WG is to apply/remove that would be my choice, but is sun is a factor maybe PB EX/EX-P...

sparkie
11-11-2006, 12:54 AM
Klasse twins!!!
Been playing with Duragloss 101/105 I really like!

stevedenesha
11-11-2006, 02:35 AM
I'm surprised Meguiar's 21 hasn't been listed. I find it to be awesome and very easy to apply and remove. I prefer it to Meguiar's NXT.

Izual
11-11-2006, 06:11 AM
Wolfgang DGPS is amazing, but I want to test DP
Now I carry a layer of car wax and on top a layer of wolfgang. My car is red, I like a lot this combination ;)

sparkie
11-11-2006, 06:14 AM
Wolfgang DGPS is amazing, but I want to test DP
Now I carry a layer of car wax and on top a layer of wolfgang. My car is red, I like a lot this combination ;)
Welcome to AG!

alban61
11-11-2006, 08:45 AM
I voted for PB EX-P because that's the only sealant I have. The combo I'm using is PB EX-P/PB Natty's. It's the only wax I have. :) I completed my winter prep last weekend, with the final coat of Natty's. So I have 2 coats EX-P, and 2 coats Natty's. I like this look better than the XMT Finishing glaze/Natty's that I had on the 1st time. I like the slightly glossier look.
In the Spring, I'll be trying the DG 101, 105, AW combo....thanks to Sparkie, Al, and others whose reviews/comments on the DG line has really peaked my interest.
Sparkie, I like your Signature quote.....WWJD! Very cool.

justin_murphy
11-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Collinite #845 Liquid Insulator....
Love it. I've used it now on over 20+ vehicles and it looks good and is not hard to apply when done right.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant....
Just tried this this week. Looks are amazing! Deep and wet. I'll post pics later. Very easy to use and remove. Can't comment on the durabiltiy yet but I'm sure it will do what it says.

Meguiars NXT
I've this wonderful product many times. It's very easy to use and remove....when done right. It takes two thin coats to do it justice and to prevent streaking. Once my pad is loaded, I can finish a car with a quarter sized amount. I'm easily getting 3 months protection with it. Most confuse slickness with protection. NXT looses it's slickness in about 10 days but the the beading is there for over 3 months when washed with a quality car wash like NXT's. You can even top it to achieve the best look and durability.

Whitethunder46
11-11-2006, 11:59 AM
What do you think is the best cost effective product to use on customer cars but not sacrifice durability and quality?

Also, I know most sealants require to "cure" for a set amount of time, but is there ANY sealant that you can apply a carnauba wax as a topping immediately after the sealant or a very very short time after? I read you can do this with duragloss which is why right now I'm leaning towards that as a sealant for customer cars.

wytstang
11-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Ziano has a system that cures instantly, it's the only selanat that can be layered back to back (3 max). It cures and bonds instanly. But the is Collite(sp?) the most durable wax out there to my knowledge. 2 layers should net you almost 5 months and AG carries them......