PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone buying apple i touch phones???

Pages : [1] 2 3

trhland
07-17-2010, 06:13 AM
dont mind me i dont know a whole lot about cell phones . but i just bought a samsung multi media cell phone with a touch screen and slide full key pad. and this phone does everything. so my quistion is why is the apple phone still the hottest phone out there when theres others like mine that do the same thing????

rwisejr
07-17-2010, 07:36 AM
Simply put hype !!!! I have an HTC EVO and love it .

ScottB
07-17-2010, 08:26 AM
I still dont get the whole cell phone craze in general .... sometimes I dont wanna be found, and prefer to not to know someones looking. Emergency's are a different story.

cobalt9123
07-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Applications, Enterprise Support, Ease of use, Microsoft Exchange Support (email). Though most phones are catching up now, the iPhone is still on top. People love it. I have a 3GS myself, but in my line of work, I HAVE to have it. I have to be able to be contacted any time (great, huh?). And my work also uses Microsoft Exchange.

We have actually written applications for our iPhones as well. Simple applications, but useful for us.

As for why the teenage girls and guys without jobs get one, it's definitely hype. They want it cause it's the coolest and most expensive out there. It's a fashion statement to them.

Just like how they buy an Apple MacBook Pro for college (and have no idea how to use it), when they could've bought a Windows computer that served their needs just as good or even better for half the price.

Julesh
07-17-2010, 08:37 AM
The iphone has a really sweet interface that is very easy to use and you get used to using it. It's very intuitive and there's a lot you can do with the phone. I've tried other phones... my friend has 3 at any given time, all the newest one's since his job gives them to him and I just like the iphone interface better and it's the only phone that integrates with itunes. I love itunes and its really easy to manage your songs and convert movies/dvd's to play on the phone. Since the phone sells so well, there are a lot of companies making applications for it. So the applications on the iphone are pretty much the best. I also get mine for free. My buddy is an apple fanboy and he always buys the newest iphone and gives me his oldest one. I don't mind having the last model phone. He just gave me a 3GS when he got the 4G. I just put my sim card in, sync it to itunes, and everything is on the new phone. I also don't need an at&t contract since I'm not buying the phone from them.

The worse thing about the iphone though is at&t but I still keep it...my favorite shows play on it, my songs are on it, and it syncs all my work appointments and contacts automatically and it's so easy to use.

Finemess
07-17-2010, 09:00 AM
I still dont get the whole cell phone craze in general .... sometimes I dont wanna be found, and prefer to not to know someones looking. Emergency's are a different story.
Amen brother! I have better things to do than talk on a cell phone.

C. Charles Hahn
07-17-2010, 09:22 AM
The main appeal of smart phones is that there are many, many other things they can do besides just making and taking phone calls.

Mainly the appeal of the iPhone is that it is a well developed platform with lots of support from many 3rd party vendors. It is more of a business tool than a toy.

Until you actually use one, you won't have any idea how much better it can be as compared to lesser phones. Not every touch-screen device is created equal.

fancyfootwork
07-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Simplicity.

loudog2
07-17-2010, 09:48 AM
just watch that youtube cartoon the bestbuy employee made. It explains it all, and is totally hilarious!!!

Here it is. Warning some foul language.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - iPhone4 vs HTC Evo[/video]

gibbsj87
07-17-2010, 10:05 AM
dont mind me i dont know a whole lot about cell phones . but i just bought a samsung multi media cell phone with a touch screen and slide full key pad. and this phone does everything. so my quistion is why is the apple phone still the hottest phone out there when theres others like mine that do the same thing????

I buy apple because they are an amazing company. They make an amazing phone. The speed, display, camera is like nothing you have ever seen. Great..

Regardless of this antenna issue people clame to have, every phone has the same issue, this issue is just hype becuase of how well the phone is doing.

I know people who would never have gotten an iPhone. After I convinced them.. they will never go back.

bogi094
07-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Its a very nicely polished UI with a great looking and easy to use interface. The support for this product from customers, apple, and developers has led it to do much more than just out of the box.

iTunes easily does everything I need to get it updated and the music and video player on the device is unmatched. Its fast, easy to navigate, search, etc. All on one sleek device, which has a great large screen, and has the capability to do whatever an app does.

Because the iPhone is so popular developers can have a bright business future and choose the iOS platform. Not saying andriod is bad, its just still not there in full speed and in looks.

So, while a Hyundai can be configured with leather, nav, premium sound etc. A BMW the same way will feel much more refined. And thats how an iPhone feels. It feels like a premium device and works the way it should.

Dubbin1
07-17-2010, 10:22 AM
I buy apple because they are an amazing company. They make an amazing phone. The speed, display, camera is like nothing you have ever seen. Great..

Regardless of this antenna issue people clame to have, every phone has the same issue, this issue is just hype becuase of how well the phone is doing.

Not sure what you are saying about the issues because the phone DOES have antenna issues. Even Apple admits to it.

Its an ok phone but not enough to get me to dump my black berry for one. The speed and display are not as great as you think, the Droids (my next phone) speed and display is MUCH better.

Tom, its all about the apps you can put on these smart phones. Most are kind of stupid but there are some that are really useful.

cobalt9123
07-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Not sure what you are saying about the issues because the phone DOES have antenna issues. Even Apple admits to it.

Yup. As do every phone on the market. Whens the last time you saw someone mounting a satellite dish right next to a concrete wall and pointing it at the concrete wall?
Not the smartest of ideas huh...well every phone has to be held by human hands...at least for now...and some of the radio signals will be blocked. I think the only reason this issue got so HUGE was because everyone freaks out whenever Apple releases a product, and when testers figured out their signal degraded from holding their hands in a certain spot (which they should have found on every phone), they exploited it, posted it on youtube and other video websites, advertised it on facebook and twitter, then everyone who had an iPhone saw it, duplicated the results and said "HOLY CRAP!!!".

I do believe they should revise the antenna for the next iPhone, and make it work on the top of the phone instead of the sides. Given it will be harder to accomplish due to size limitations on the top part, Apple can do it. They have the money..

Ah the joys of social networking.

Soakin' Joe's
07-17-2010, 11:03 AM
For the last two years I have been in love with the Android O.S. I just recently changed to at&t and purchased the new Iphone 4 and a 3gs for a lucky lady. I hate to admit this but they are better phones. The O.S. is very similar to the Andriod O.S. but the phone clarity is untouchable. I am very impressed so far and every day it teaches me something new that keeps me in favor of the Iphone 4 over the HTC Andriod O.S. phones with Sense (the latest and greatest addition to Andriod O.S. which is pretty cool actually). The only thing I believe the Iphone desperately needs is Widgets. Other than that I will not look back, not even for a second. My Iphone 4 has met and exceeded my expectations. I also have not experienced any reception issues to date. Also only .55% of Iphone 4 owners have complained about the reception. So don't believe the hype, get one for yourself and give it a fair shot. I was skeptical when I made the switch but it was worth it. Oh and for the record if I had to pick a phone that wasn't an Iphone 4, I would pick the EVO.

cobalt9123
07-17-2010, 11:09 AM
For the last two years I have been in love with the Android O.S. I just recently changed to at&t and purchased the new Iphone 4 and a 3gs for a lucky lady. I hate to admit this but they are better phones. The O.S. is very similar to the Andriod O.S. but the phone clarity is untouchable. I am very impressed so far and every day it teaches me something new that keeps me in favor of the Iphone 4 over the HTC Andriod O.S. phones with Sense (the latest and greatest addition to Andriod O.S. which is pretty cool actually). The only thing I believe the Iphone desperately needs is Widgets. Other than that I will not look back, not even for a second. My Iphone 4 has met and exceeded my expectations. I also have not experienced any reception issues to date. Also only .55% of Iphone 4 owners have complained about the reception. So don't believe the hype, get one for yourself and give it a fair shot. I was skeptical when I made the switch but it was worth it. Oh and for the record if I had to pick a phone that wasn't an Iphone 4, I would pick the EVO.

I agree, and .55% is small as a fraction or a percentage, but as a number of total iPhone 4's sold (3,000,000 IIRC), it's 16,500 users. Think about the Toyota recall, or any other recall. If 16,500 people had their cars "accelerate out of control" causing a wreck or worse, think about that.

The deal is that Apple users don't understand it can happen with any phone...not just the iPhone. And they want absolute perfection out of "the best and newest smartphone on the market". They don't care how, and don't understand how (for the most part) their hands are blocking the signal. They just want Apple to fix it.