PDA

View Full Version : Paint in BAD shape and Clear failing...what to do

Locutus
07-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Ok so with my move my commute to work drastically increased. So I started driving another car at the house. It is a red"ish" 95 Honda civic, I just gave it a bath, I think it was the first non rain shower bath it had. I could go on and on about how bad the paint is, but it's obvious or I wouldn't posting. The clear has failed in several places, my question is: I want to protect it as best I can, but it is just a daily beater. What should I use without having to go into correction, it is oxidized real bad in spots. I just want to keep it from getting worse. I have some pics, but I'm posting from my iPhone and can't upload them.

Mike Phillips
07-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Wash and clay for sure, then use a light cleaner/wax by machine over the area that still have clear and after that top with a synthetic paint sealant.

Try to park it out of the sun as much as possible?

Car cover for when you're at work?

:)

Locutus
07-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Thanks for being up and posting!
I have Megs D151, or their OTC cleaner/wax,
and
DP poli coat, or WGDGPS

Locutus
07-17-2010, 03:51 AM
Well the d151 and I did not get along. It was very hard to get off, and was leaving a streaked finish. So I finished up the hood with the Megs OTC cleaner/wax. And topped it off with DP PolyCoat. A show car it will never be, but a vast improvement, and I can live with it. Thanks again Mike for the point in the right direction.