PDA

View Full Version : My New Site (under construction)

Labster
07-16-2010, 11:11 AM
It's slowly coming together. I figured I would ask you guys for any pointers you have as well. Here is the new site that is still under construction as I'm sure you'll be able to tell.

Mirror Image Auto Detailing (http://www.mirrorimageohio.com/test/)

eversio
07-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Wow, great job. Good colors, spacing, lines, images, everything. Is it being professionally developed? Or did you have a professional design it? Purchase a template? Or is it all developed yourself?

cobalt9123
07-16-2010, 02:30 PM
I know of two Mirror Images now..

Mike Phillips
07-16-2010, 03:31 PM
With the two "Big City" pictures scrolling across the page at first I thought I was on a website to help me find a 5 Star Restaurant?

Probably just me...

then when the Lambo script appeared it started tying the idea of cars and detailing togehter....

:)

Labster
07-17-2010, 12:50 AM
With the two "Big City" pictures scrolling across the page at first I thought I was on a website to help me find a 5 Star Restaurant?

Probably just me...

then when the Lambo script appeared it started tying the idea of cars and detailing togehter....

:)

haha yea. Trying to find "the right" pictures to stand out there.

Labster
07-17-2010, 12:51 AM
Wow, great job. Good colors, spacing, lines, images, everything. Is it being professionally developed? Or did you have a professional design it? Purchase a template? Or is it all developed yourself?

It's a customizable template that I'm having developed. I don't have the time right now to do it so I hired someone to do it who's trying to boost their portfolio. Works out well for both of us :)

Millennium
07-17-2010, 06:54 PM
I like it a lot. Nice layout, minimal flash and very professional.

gibbsj87
07-17-2010, 07:27 PM
I design webpages. It's nicely done, although I would look into finding a better way of listing images on the page. I do not like how they pop out. It actually stopped working on Chrome and Firefox after clicking a bunch.

But the overall look is good.

cobalt9123
07-17-2010, 09:58 PM
I suggest actually resizing the thumbnail images. Don't just edit the CSS or HTML to make it change width/height because even if you specify the width/height it will take a long time to load a specified 125 x 125 pixel image if the original image is 1600 x 1600 pixels because it WILL actually be loading the 1600X1600 image. It needs to be its own image to be a quick-loading thumbnail. When I build websites I usually build an image database and have thumbnails of each image as well as full size; those being separate images altogether. Make sense? :)

Some people won't notice the loading..but those on a low-mid range DSL will.

Labster
07-19-2010, 12:57 AM
I suggest actually resizing the thumbnail images. Don't just edit the CSS or HTML to make it change width/height because even if you specify the width/height it will take a long time to load a specified 125 x 125 pixel image if the original image is 1600 x 1600 pixels because it WILL actually be loading the 1600X1600 image. It needs to be its own image to be a quick-loading thumbnail. When I build websites I usually build an image database and have thumbnails of each image as well as full size; those being separate images altogether. Make sense? :)

Some people won't notice the loading..but those on a low-mid range DSL will.

Thanks, I noticed this as well. I'll have to have my design guy take care of this.

Labster
07-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Updated, almost done. Let me know what you all think. CC is welcome and appreciated before it goes live!