PDA

View Full Version : Is PB's White Diamond an actual polish?

Silverstone
07-15-2010, 07:04 PM
I got some WD for my GF's Arctic White Nissan and I'm curious if it's an actual abrasive or just a filler? The car's only 2 years old and pretty clean on the sides - I already did the top surfaces with Menz final finish - so I'm going to be doing the sides with Menz PO85RD and then fill whatever's left behind with the WD on the whole car.
Do you work it like a polish with a PC, or should I just wipe on, dry, wipe off?

Da Fats
07-15-2010, 07:50 PM
It is supposed to be applied - hazed- removed.... I do not think its designed to be "worked in" to work. Pocket's can probably chime in and give a definite answer.

tuscarora dave
07-15-2010, 08:08 PM
WD is not a polish, It can be worked in with a PC or by hand. It will fill very minor micro marring and seems to brighten up the shine a bit. Really makes metallic pop. I'd run it at low speed with a finishing or softer pad and work it until it is easily removed with a single swipe of a microfiber towel.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-16-2010, 12:09 AM
With PB's white diamond and black hole, you want it to "sit" on top of the paint, not work it in. Use speed 1 or 2 and the softest pad you have.

Silverstone
07-16-2010, 02:30 AM
OK will do.

What threw me was the bottle says to work it into the paint on low speed "and continue until a shine begins to appear". That's what made me think it was somewhat abrasive or a polish of some kind.

It's a nice looking paint. A 3 stage with what kind of looks like crushed pearl under the clear. Not quite metallic and slightly off-white compared to the whiter color coat. That's why I thought the WD would be a good match.

Can't wait to get started!

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
07-16-2010, 04:25 PM
With PB's white diamond and black hole, you want it to "sit" on top of the paint, not work it in. Use speed 1 or 2 and the softest pad you have.

Well put :dblthumb2:

Just like he said you want to spread it slow speed and the softest pad.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Well put :dblthumb2:

Just like he said you want to spread it slow speed and the softest pad.
Thanks! :props:

Silverstone
07-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Well that brings up another issue. Whenever I use a soft pad (CCM blue) on low speed it barely turns and stops on the slightest body curve or crease. I tried to put KAIO on that way but gave up and did it by hand about 1/3rd of the way through. And I had turned it up from 3 to 4 to try and keep it moving. I found that I could get a lot more polishing action by hand but it was of course more work. I thought KAIO with a PC would be great especially for the bumper covers but it was a no go. Any tips?

Dubbin1
07-16-2010, 09:26 PM
Pretty much anything under 4 is a waste on a PC as the pad will not spin. Just turn it up and control the speed by pressure.