PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Solutions in Meguiars Refill Bottles

rweekley
07-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Ok, this may sound stupid, but I go one of those empty refill bottles for APC+. On the bottle it has the 4:1 and 10:1 dilution mark, where you fill it up with water. Now my question is there is no other mark as to how far you up the neck of the bottle you put the APC+ solution in to. I know other bottles have a line around the neck to where you fill it with the solution. So how do I know how much/far up the neck of the bottle do I put the solution in?

Also do you all use regular water or distilled water to mix solutions?

Thanks!

Mike Phillips
07-15-2010, 07:47 AM
Here's an article with good close-up pictures I wrote back in 2008...

How to properly dilute Meguiar's Detailer Line products (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27028)

You can use tap water or distilled water or Evian if you like... just depends upon how D.O. you want to get... I keep it simple and something I can duplicate over and over again... that means tap water...

:)

rweekley
07-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Thanks, seemed like such a stupid question, but just didn't know where to fill it to. But I do now. Thanks!

Mike Phillips
07-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks, seemed like such a stupid question, but just didn't know where to fill it to. But I do now. Thanks!

Actually it's not a stupid question it's a great question and the reason I wrote the article was to remove all confusion.

Thanks for asking the question...

:dblthumb2:

Pristine Image
07-15-2010, 01:01 PM

I'm glad you asked, evidently I was doing it incorrectly myself. I had gone over the ridge line ... :awman: