PDA

View Full Version : AIO How to??

sevenstarsfall
07-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Maybe a dumb question but if I was to get a AIO like the pinnacle xmt 360, how do I use it with a DA? Do I use an orange cutting pad with it then go back over the car with the xmt and a polish pad or how does it work??

Thx

BobbyG
07-15-2010, 06:19 AM
Steven, Welcome to the Autogeek Forum....:welcome:

Instead of giving you my explanation here's what Pinnacle has to say.

XMT 360 corrects, cleans, and seals auto paint! XMT 360 is more than a cleaner wax, its a swirl remover, polish, and paint sealant in one. (http://www.autogeek.net/xmt-360.html)

Directions:

Prep the vehicle by washing and drying it. Use Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo and then one of the Cobra Guzzler Waffle Weave Microfiber Drying Towels.
We recommend applying XMT 360™ with a Porter Cable 7424XP. For the best results, use the CCS Green Polishing/Finishing Foam Pad by Lake Country. Apply a quarter size amount of XMT 360™ onto the pad.
With the polisher turned off, spread XMT 360™ over a 2 x 2 sq. ft. section to avoid splatter.
Set the maximum speed at 5 on the Porter Cable 7424XP. Work XMT 360™ in a back and forth, overlapping motion.
Continue to polish even as the product dries. XMT 360™ disappears, leaving nothing on the paint but a clean, glossy shine. There is no need to buff.

FinalTouchAuto
07-15-2010, 06:53 AM
The green pad (not the coarse green, that i see is now offered) is fantastic for AIO products. It has just a LITTLE bit of cut to take out the lightest swirls but still lay down the layer of wax/sealant properly.

Mike Phillips
07-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Maybe a dumb question but if I was to get a AIO like the pinnacle xmt 360, how do I use it with a DA? Do I use an orange cutting pad with it then go back over the car with the xmt and a polish pad or how does it work??

Thx

Great question, part of the answer is in the article I linked to below, where it talks about an ample amount.

How much product do I use with my DA Polisher? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/26962-how-much-product-do-i-use-my-da-polisher.html)

Note: Anytime you're using a cleaner/wax to restore a neglected finish, the worse the finish the more heavy or wet you want to use the product, this is because you want an ample amount of "liquid" working on the surface for you introducing chemical cleaners to the paint, (if included in the formula), and lubricants to cushion or buffer any abrading action taking place. You certainly don't want to be buffing on the dry spectrum.

:)

trhland
07-15-2010, 01:48 PM
xmt and a white pad works great. nice product by the way :xyxthumbs:...

trhland
07-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Steven, Welcome to the Autogeek Forum....:welcome:

Instead of giving you my explanation here's what Pinnacle has to say.

XMT 360 corrects, cleans, and seals auto paint! XMT 360 is more than a cleaner wax, its a swirl remover, polish, and paint sealant in one. (http://www.autogeek.net/xmt-360.html)

Directions:

Prep the vehicle by washing and drying it. Use Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo and then one of the Cobra Guzzler Waffle Weave Microfiber Drying Towels.
We recommend applying XMT 360™ with a Porter Cable 7424XP. For the best results, use the CCS Green Polishing/Finishing Foam Pad by Lake Country. Apply a quarter size amount of XMT 360™ onto the pad.
With the polisher turned off, spread XMT 360™ over a 2 x 2 sq. ft. section to avoid splatter.
Set the maximum speed at 5 on the Porter Cable 7424XP. Work XMT 360™ in a back and forth, overlapping motion.
Continue to polish even as the product dries. XMT 360™ disappears, leaving nothing on the paint but a clean, glossy shine. There is no need to buff.

:dblthumb2::dblthumb2:

sevenstarsfall
07-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks Bobby and everyone for your quick replies, I still havent placed my first order but think im gonna get an AIO and the griots to start out with and go from there. If I do this should I just get a few of the green pads?

P.S. Names Marcus not Steven, lol