PDA

View Full Version : The Edge 2000 pads...Which ones?

supercharged
11-10-2006, 10:00 AM
You guys really talked me into getting some Edge 2000 pads.
Only one question - which ones? Regular pads or wave pads? Just for general use.

Thanks in advance.

ashsarna
11-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Do what I did, get the regular, they are easier to to gauge on performance, especially for someone new to them. I did get the wave for my yellow, but have been happy with the regular ones so have not used it yet.

MikeyC
11-10-2006, 12:37 PM
Tough decision! I've never used the wave pads, but I'm 100% happy with the flat ones. Hopefully someone who's used both on a PC can chime in.

XterraOverload
11-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Justin has used the wave said he like them a lot, he thought they released the heat a little better, If I'm remembering correctly. Maybe he will chime in later.........I'm sure he is detailing something as we speak!
I say probably couldn't go wrong with no matter which one you pic. But if you cant decide go with flat.

ashsarna
11-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Justin has used the wave said he like them a lot, he thought they released the heat a little better, If I'm remembering correctly.

Exactly what I heard (cant remember everything these days:o ). The wave allows heat to be released better, thats why I got it fi=or the yellow pad as its the most aggressive. I did not want it for the others as generating heat (along with variable speed control) would give me more bit from the less abrassive pads if desired.

sparkie
11-11-2006, 12:15 AM
I have this set. Really like them, little different then my LC and Megs pad. I had a little problem with my yellow pad. Could not get it off the adapter. Talk with Edge about the problem, they told me to take a tooth brush/APC and clean the center part. It work, no more problem.
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/edgekitblue.jpg

Sevenrd
11-11-2006, 02:56 AM
I'm using the flat Edge pads for the rotary. Haven't used them very much, but so far so good. ;)

wytstang
11-11-2006, 12:09 PM
I have this set. Really like them, little different then my LC and Megs pad. I had a little problem with my yellow pad. Could not get it off the adapter. Talk with Edge about the problem, they told me to take a tooth brush/APC and clean the center part. It work, no more problem.
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/edgekitblue.jpg
Thats the same kit I purchased a few months ago and still haven't had a chance to use them :(