PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question about Aquawax and Optimum Car Wax

Jenn1270
07-14-2010, 05:56 PM
How do most people use Duragloss Aquawax and Optimum Spray wax? Can it be used like a QD when drying after a wash? Can you use it when you are drying after washing with ONR?

Just wondering. My BOGO aquawax just came in and I wanted to know the best way to use it.

Jenn

WRAPT C5Z06
07-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Aquawax can definitely be used while drying paint, or when paint is dry. If using it when drying paint, it's always good to buff again with a dry MF towel. Excellent product and smells so good!

Mindflux
07-14-2010, 06:01 PM
How do most people use Duragloss Aquawax and Optimum Spray wax? Can it be used like a QD when drying after a wash? Can you use it when you are drying after washing with ONR?

Just wondering. My BOGO aquawax just came in and I wanted to know the best way to use it.

Jenn

I think I've seen some mention of people using it as they dry. Then others prefer to use it after they dry. Find out what works best for you. :)

CEE DOG
07-14-2010, 06:41 PM
You can use both of them both ways. The DG Aquawax is really a steal! If anybody doesn't have it get it NOW. I think I saw it on BOGO. 2 for 7.99. Thats 44 oz for 7.99!

AW works great as a drying aid!

I prefer the OCW for use after the car is already dry but they both work great. Using it this way you can get really great durability as a standalone product.

Like I said you can use both either way but I never use the AW as a standalone product.

Old Tiger
07-14-2010, 07:30 PM
You can use both of them both ways. The DG Aquawax is really a steal! If anybody doesn't have it get it NOW. I think I saw it on BOGO. 2 for 7.99. Thats 44 oz for 7.99!

AW works great as a drying aid!

I prefer the OCW for use after the car is already dry but they both work great. Using it this way you can get really great durability as a standalone product.

Like I said you can use both either way but I never use the AW as a standalone product.
As usual Corey offers great advice! I like OCW alot but Four Star has taken the #1 rank IMO! OCW can be finicky in heat & humidity. IME DG AW over DG105 is tops for wheel sealing and boosting. Only difference with Corey is I have used DG AW after DG 521 as a stand alone booster on the Ford and liked it alot!

Jenn1270
07-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Guys,

Thanks for the suggestions. It amazes me that OCW is that durable and so easy to apply. How does it compare to opti-seal?

Jenn

Munich77
07-14-2010, 08:42 PM
I apply OCW after washing. It is incredible how quickly it goes on and off. I love the shine it provides too.

sal329
07-14-2010, 10:05 PM
I use AW as I dry or a final buff of a vehicle, I use OCW during my final dry when using ONR or as a final buff after removing LSP. OCW has more of a warm carnauba look AW is more sealant looking

evilwrx
07-14-2010, 10:08 PM
I was just down in South Florida visiting family and picked up some OCW at the Geek when I was there. I washed both of my parents cars with ONR and then went over them with OCW. Took me 45 minutes to do both cars. I had no issues with streaking and the paint was incredibly slick when I finished.

BobbyG
07-15-2010, 06:48 AM
I received a free sample of Optimum Car Wax with one of my orders, read the instructions and its claims and thought to myself; Yea right!! How wrong I was!!

After washing and drying my truck, I applied the Optimum Car Wax exactly as directed to the entire nose. It went on so easily and shined to a high gloss immediately with almost no effort. It's been on there about a month now and the water continues to bead and the shine is still impressive.

By the way, I now have a gallon of the stuff and use it sort of like a quick shine if I need to really make the vehicle stand out in a hurry, like a car show.

Optimum Car Wax - :props: :props:

ScottB
07-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Aquawax seems pretty comfortable with a damp finish used as a drying aid. I did however prefer Fast/Clean from them for drying specifically.

Optimum does seem to streak a little more, but quick buffing removes it when used on damp surface. I prefer this one on dry surface personally.

Four Star Spray Wax and Souveran Spray Wax (and Einszett for that matter) also seem to work on wet and dry surfaces with ease too.

dublifecrisis
07-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Jen-You really gotta try this. Get the DG Fast Clean and Shine (DG's QD) and mix it with DGAW (80% FC&S and 20% DGAW). It makes an awesome QD. IMO it compares to FK425. OCW has better slickness and gloss, little goes a long way etc..DGAW is more of a sealant and I use it mostly on wheels.

Laura
07-18-2010, 08:48 PM
I received a free sample of Optimum Car Wax with one of my orders, read the instructions and its claims and thought to myself; Yea right!! How wrong I was!!

After washing and drying my truck, I applied the Optimum Car Wax exactly as directed to the entire nose. It went on so easily and shined to a high gloss immediately with almost no effort. It's been on there about a month now and the water continues to bead and the shine is still impressive.

By the way, I now have a gallon of the stuff and use it sort of like a quick shine if I need to really make the vehicle stand out in a hurry, like a car show.

Optimum Car Wax - :props: :props:

:iagree::iagree:I am amazed by OCW. I got a sample several weeks ago and just used it last week. Of course it was hot and humid. I washed and totally dried the car before applying. There were a few places where it was a little tough to buff off. A little spritz of DP Final Gloss got it right off. I couldn't believe how good the car looked. The depth, warmth, and shine is unbelievable, but the durability is what really has me astounded. Beading is incredible even after several rains and a washing. OCW has quickly become one of my favorite products.

sportscarhiatus
07-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Same with me... OCW is my go-to quick wax. I just bought a gallon since I loved the smaller size (now empty). Although I did order DG AW on BOGO... can't wait to try it!

svtsupremecy
07-19-2010, 11:20 PM
DG aquawax is great stuff....i use it while i am drying the car, about 1-2 sprays per panel. It also works great on rims, adds great pop to both paint and rims. I bought a gallon of the stuff, can never have enough.