PDA

View Full Version : what shop vacs do you guys use?

Pages : [1] 2

Bullitt AK
07-14-2010, 04:02 PM
looking for something portable that i can fit in my mustang that either has a reusable filter or very cheap replacement filters

AeroCleanse
07-14-2010, 04:12 PM
I use a large wet/dry vac. You might want to look at these:

Metropolitan Vacuum Cleaner Company manufactures the car care industry's leading vacuums & blowers. Let Metro vacuum and detail your vehicle's (http://www.autogeek.net/metvaccleanc.html)

Emile
07-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Sears Craftsman Clean N Carry Wet-Dry Vac. 5.0 peak hp has good power, compact unit, nice included attachments. Replacement filter is like $6 or $7 and I change them out every 6 months or so. I like to take the filter out once a month and just pat it against my hands to remove the loose dust and dirt that gets stuck in the filter to extend its life. The actual hose has a handy length (7') and the 20-foot power cord is useful for outlets that may be far away. Both power cord and vac hose wrap around the machine as part of the design for better portability, and the unit has casters like most other shop vacs. The icing on the cake is a removable storage tray which holds the included accessory attachments.

I also like the Bissell Little Green Pro Heat for more thorough cleaning of carpets and fabric upholstery.

Bullitt AK
07-14-2010, 04:52 PM
yeah i see that the 4gal clean n carry is $80 which is fair however the only flter they show on the sears website is $24? where do you get your filters or maybe i just cant find it

WRAPT C5Z06
07-14-2010, 04:57 PM
rigid makes the best by far, IMO. I had a craftsman 5hp, then bought a rigid 3.5hp, and the rigid has much better suction power!

j994k
07-14-2010, 05:04 PM
I agree with Mark. Rigid IMO is better than Craftsman.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-14-2010, 05:06 PM
I agree with Mark. Rigid IMO is better than Craftsman.
:props:

christian900se
07-14-2010, 05:18 PM
I have a 5hp, 12 gallon Shop Vac that I got for $35 off of Amazon and that thing sucks up anything and everything that you face it with. I also use it to suck dirty water out of our fountain and it empties the whole thing in 10 seconds flat (5 gallons of water).

Southern Stang
07-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Rigid is the way to go. I bought one from
Home depot a couple weeks ago when it was on sale. Small enough to fit in the trunk of my stang yet sucks lol.

Dubbin1
07-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Another vote for the Rigid. I have had mine for several years now with zero issues. My bro in law just picked up a craftsman 2 weeks ago, used it once and had to return it for another one because it quit working.

steed76
07-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Rigid sucks!!!!

Ohh yeah thats why I bought it!! Small 3.5 horse does a great job for me.. on sale earlier this year bought cheap. They go on sale all the time.:xyxthumbs:

Mirror Detailing
07-14-2010, 06:43 PM
I have the Rigid Wet/Dry Carry vacuum, 4gal; 5 peak hp!

Bunky
07-14-2010, 06:54 PM
I ended up getting a Ridgid WD4070 since I wanted a wet/dry and Metro did not make a wet/dry vac. The suction seems good but it has less than 50 inches of lift (info from Ridgid) compared to the Metro's 90+ in of lift.

The blower on the Ridgid does not blow well enough to dry..leaves little droplets. It works ok for blowing out of crevices not to get it perfectly dry.

I am still waiting for the BOGO on the Master Blaster.

Munich77
07-14-2010, 08:43 PM
I use a Rigid 4 gal/5 hp model. Works pretty well.

cobalt9123
07-14-2010, 08:59 PM
I ended up getting a Ridgid WD4070 since I wanted a wet/dry and Metro did not make a wet/dry vac. The suction seems good but it has less than 50 inches of lift (info from Ridgid) compared to the Metro's 90+ in of lift.

The blower on the Ridgid does not blow well enough to dry..leaves little droplets. It works ok for blowing out of crevices not to get it perfectly dry.

I am still waiting for the BOGO on the Master Blaster.

Haha! Me and you will go in together if they have a BOGO on the Master Blaster. I'm dying to get one. It takes quite a while with my current blower.

I'll be looking into one of these Rigid wet/dry shop vacs seeing as they're highly recommended here.