PDA

View Full Version : Fair pricing for carpet/floormat extraction and upholstery cleaning

Pages : [1] 2

Bullitt AK
07-13-2010, 08:31 PM
what is a good price to offer full carpet extraction at? i was thinking 50/car
fabric upholstery cleaning? i was thinking between 35-40/ for 2/4 door cars/trucks

too much? not enough?

i am in a good enough situation right now to where i can afford to offer lower pricing and just increase the volume but what do you guys think

j994k
07-13-2010, 09:05 PM
We are located in Kansas by a military base, a university, and a lot of farm ground. We found that when someone calls to make an apointment for just carpet and or seats extracted it was usually because of vomit, or heavy mud. In these cases we charge 50.00 an hour, with a 1 hour minimum, otherwise its included in our interior, or full detail. Most vehicles we can extract in under an hour, but every once in a while you will get that one bad one that will take 2 or 3.

Flash Gordon
07-13-2010, 11:13 PM
We are located in Kansas by a military base, a university, and a lot of farm ground. We found that when someone calls to make an apointment for just carpet and or seats extracted it was usually because of vomit, or heavy mud. In these cases we charge 50.00 an hour, with a 1 hour minimum, otherwise its included in our interior, or full detail. Most vehicles we can extract in under an hour, but every once in a while you will get that one bad one that will take 2 or 3.

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding ^ Ladies and Gentelman, we have a winner Im the MAN

I have been detailing profesionally since cable tv was intoduced and in all my years I have never seen anything but complete filth when someone request that only the carpet/seats be cleaned. I would certainally not give a quote untill I had seen what kinda mess I was getting myself into. Then I would add 50% to whatever price you think you can do this job for. IMPO these type of customers always turn into more trouble then there worth :nomore:

tuscarora dave
07-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding ^ Ladies and Gentelman, we have a winner Im the MAN

I have been detailing profesionally since cable tv was intoduced and in all my years I have never seen anything but complete filth when someone request that only the carpet/seats be cleaned. I would certainally not give a quote untill I had seen what kinda mess I was getting myself into. Then I would add 50% to whatever price you think you can do this job for. IMPO these type of customers always turn into more trouble then there worth :nomore:
I find the same thing and apply the same logic as Flash and j994k.:urtheman: Flash

FraziersEVO
07-29-2012, 08:53 PM
I find the same thing and apply the same logic as Flash and j994k.:urtheman: Flash

Couldn't agree more with the both of you, people will tell you there car is "clean" and "up kept" when they haven't washed there car in over 6 months. Meanwhile there kids trashed the interior with crayons and food. Always give a quote based on the condition of the vehicle once YOU see it, not from what they tell you over the phone. I typically charge $75 for a full interior extraction for most 2-4 door vehicles with cloth seats and dirty carpets. If they are heavily soiled and take a lot of pre-treating and work then $100-$125 for the job. You have to explain to the customer that this is not just an ordinary vacuum, this is THE BEST and the most DEEP cleaning that can possibly be done to your carpets and cloth seats on the interior of there vehicle. I have had customers blown away with the results, if you know how to clean interiors the right way and you can sell yourself, it will pay off. Just my 2 cents!

SuperiorAutoLLC
07-29-2012, 09:06 PM
My business does only this; here is what I charge:

Services Offered By Superior Auto Interiors of Orlando, Florida (http://www.superiorautointeriors.com/services-offered.html)

jwellsii
07-29-2012, 09:49 PM
Hey Brandon,
how busy do you stay by just offering interiors only?

John

PS: I grew up in orange county in a small town called Union Park. I graduated from Colonial High School in 81. I watched Orlando grow by leaps & bounds. My son graduated from Timber Creek High School in 04.

ShineTimeDetail
07-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Couldn't agree more with the both of you, people will tell you there car is "clean" and "up kept" when they haven't washed there car in over 6 months. Meanwhile there kids trashed the interior with crayons and food. Always give a quote based on the condition of the vehicle once YOU see it, not from what they tell you over the phone. I typically charge $75 for a full interior extraction for most 2-4 door vehicles with cloth seats and dirty carpets. If they are heavily soiled and take a lot of pre-treating and work then $100-$125 for the job. You have to explain to the customer that this is not just an ordinary vacuum, this is THE BEST and the most DEEP cleaning that can possibly be done to your carpets and cloth seats on the interior of there vehicle. I have had customers blown away with the results, if you know how to clean interiors the right way and you can sell yourself, it will pay off. Just my 2 cents!

Welcome sir!!

FraziersEVO
08-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Welcome sir!!

Thanks brother! :xyxthumbs:

SuperiorAutoLLC
08-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Hey Brandon,
how busy do you stay by just offering interiors only?

John

PS: I grew up in orange county in a small town called Union Park. I graduated from Colonial High School in 81. I watched Orlando grow by leaps & bounds. My son graduated from Timber Creek High School in 04.

Hi John,

I'm extremely busy! People who call me know exactly what they're looking for, whether it be stain removal, odor removal and whatnot. Over the last year and a half, I've only had ONE customer cancel when she realized that I didn't wash exteriors also.

When I started this business a few years ago, I thought that the mobile detailing field in Orlando was way too competitive and I noticed that not many offer a complete list of interior detailing services. So I did just that and business has been good!

I know exactly where Union Park is, I have a few friends that live over that way. I am in Windermere over on the Western part of the county.

jwellsii
08-02-2012, 07:41 AM
Hi John,

I'm extremely busy! People who call me know exactly what they're looking for, whether it be stain removal, odor removal and whatnot. Over the last year and a half, I've only had ONE customer cancel when she realized that I didn't wash exteriors also.

When I started this business a few years ago, I thought that the mobile detailing field in Orlando was way too competitive and I noticed that not many offer a complete list of interior detailing services. So I did just that and business has been good!

I know exactly where Union Park is, I have a few friends that live over that way. I am in Windermere over on the Western part of the county.

Thanks for the reply Brandon. Glad to hear your doing good. I'm going to PM you. I don't want to hijack this thread.

SuperiorAutoLLC
08-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Sounds good

lalooo
08-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Kind of new to here so I'd like to help. I have my own mobile business and what I charge is per section. So the front carpet would be 20 and the back 20 if heavily soiled and needs some elbow grease then and additional 10 for each section. I charge the exact same for the seats. or 10 bucks a seat. floor mats I charge 5 dollars a mat and 10 for those big ones in the back.

I know its not the greatest profit but it helps me out and keeps the customers coming back. i do require a 50 dollar minimum to come out. so its always usually more than that..

kmsdetailing
08-02-2012, 09:09 PM
My business does only this; here is what I charge:

Services Offered By Superior Auto Interiors of Orlando, Florida (http://www.superiorautointeriors.com/services-offered.html)

I'm thinking of adding my business name, phone and URL to my SUV. Do you mind if I ask what you paid? What if you wanted to take it off?

Thanks

lalooo
08-03-2012, 09:39 AM
I'm thinking of adding my business name, phone and URL to my SUV. Do you mind if I ask what you paid? What if you wanted to take it off?

Thanks

hey bud i got my whole truck done.. ford ranger with the stripe and all the stickers u see here for 280.. pretty good deal but more or less its average. if u wanted to take it off then u just peel them off... no biggie. they are vinyl stickers so pretty easy to come off..

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx190/laloz71/Detailing%20On%20The%20Spot/20120305_121730.jpg

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx190/laloz71/Detailing%20On%20The%20Spot/20120305_121750.jpg