PDA

View Full Version : Midwest - KC'ers

jayhkr
07-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Hey all, I wanted to know how many people in or around the Kansas City area were on this forum? I was thinking of getting a few of us together for a meet and greet. I think it would be great for a few seasoned people and a few novice people to have a 1/2 day of our own "show car garage" fest! Not sure of any of the details at the moment, just wanted to see if there were any interested parties!

jayhkr
07-13-2010, 09:20 PM
:bump2: No Kansan's/Missourian's here? :cry:

j994k
07-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Manhattan here. 6 guys at our shop. KC is an hour and a half away. Closer than Florida.

jayhkr
07-13-2010, 11:20 PM
I thought Manhattan was farther than that. It takes me nearly an hour just to get to Topeka. Either way, I agree much closer than Florida.

HotRod
07-14-2010, 03:02 PM
I live in Hays, KS. Its about 4.5 or 5 hours away from KC though.

GXPWeasel
07-14-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm in Topeka, about 45min. away.

jayhkr
07-14-2010, 08:27 PM
I've been through Hays. Have a good friend that used to live there Sounds like we have quite a few people here "fairly" close. If we were to get together, what would everyone like to do? I can rent a large park gazeebo thing with plenty of parking area and we could do a setup there. Not looking for anything big, just a few of us get together, cook some food out, talk shop and have fun! MAYBE if we beg, plead and bribe Mike, maybe he'll join us too. I think he needs a vacation!

j994k
07-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Is Florida to Kansas a vacation? I guess they are both about as humid. There has to be more forum members in the Ks/Mo area.

jayhkr
07-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Well, when we want to get away on vacation I know I like to go to Florida. I just thought they would think the same thing about Kansas, I mean we have . . . .:confused::confused::confused: WE HAVE BBQ!! Im the MAN. Who needs the sun and surf all the time, plus it's a little slippery for my taste at the moment anyway.

j994k
07-15-2010, 12:54 AM
LOL. True true. We have good hunting, and............um....we are centrally located.:xyxthumbs:

Ron in MO.
07-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Hi

Independence MO. Go Tigers. Sounds like a cool idea.
Ron Herndon

ramar
07-15-2010, 04:36 PM
S.W. Missouri here, would come up with my Camaro and my son who is in Sedalia, Mo always looking for a fun show. If you want to come down to Lake of the Ozarks the 2nd friday of each month in the summer about 6pm go to Bagnell Damn bridge. What a fun night, the show cars just park in the center strip of the road, you can sit with your car or park and walk around. Some park their cars in spots on the street front. About 1/2 mile to 1 mile of all types of cars, new and old and tons of folks. Great fun time nice people and all the shops are open; restaurants, bumber cars, icecream, bars, etc. About 9pm the firetrucks and police cars drive through with lights on. I can't wait for next month! google "hotsummernights"