PDA

View Full Version : new products

Torsion Tool
11-09-2006, 04:44 PM
With the recent additions to the AG store I'm getting that newbie feeling again. How do they compare with the existing lines? Do we really have to try everything or maybe someone can do a quick comparison chart for the QDs, clay bars and lubes, polishes and glazes. It's great to see UPP and all, but there's only so many days in a week and pennies in my pocket. Still haven't decided which Collinite to purchase, and now a plethora of other goodies to peruse! Come on, esteemed veterans of detail; the trees are obscuring the forest.

ryandamartini
11-09-2006, 04:55 PM
no confusion here! just more colelctible to buy! :D

Upp is just awesome. I love that stuff along with duragloss :)

FloridaNative
11-09-2006, 05:11 PM
With the recent additions to the AG store I'm getting that newbie feeling again. How do they compare with the existing lines? Do we really have to try everything or maybe someone can do a quick comparison chart for the QDs, clay bars and lubes, polishes and glazes. It's great to see UPP and all, but there's only so many days in a week and pennies in my pocket. Still haven't decided which Collinite to purchase, and now a plethora of other goodies to peruse! Come on, esteemed veterans of detail; the trees are obscuring the forest.

I would love to see a comparison chart too! But I think it would have to be something scientific otherwise it just falls into the arena of the user's subjective opinion.

It's great to see you again Torsion Tool!! :) I've missed your repartee. :)

ScottB
11-09-2006, 06:43 PM
I think AG is moving to Wax Kingdom status where each and almost every line is available for purchase. (well the ones people really want anyways) That said what makes it unique is all of us that will test, report, and move to the next product. We create the "hype" or what I prefer to call "awareness" of the product lines.

UPP --- great line , very user friendly, nice look, very slick, and super easy to use with nice results. (poly sealant in design)

Collinite --- a very well known line, nice looking, known for its superior durability on the carnauba front, will provide wetness and depth. (carnauba)

Duragloss --- a complete line of over 80 products. Some are hits, and some are considered top 25 products. Pricing, ease of use, and nice results are their reputation. (mixed product line synthetic versus carnauaba, complete product line)

I would also gander that since a new warehouse is forthcoming with lots of space (2 Story), and the current warehouse is far from filled, whereas the last warehouse was overwhelmed, this was long overdue. I also suspect with AG's reputation some product developers are now getting use to coming to AG to carry there line also. This means better pricing, more choices, and one stop shopping. YEAH !!

supercharged
11-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Yeah, Autogeek is an online supermall!

FloridaNative
11-09-2006, 07:10 PM
I'm all for it! I can't think of any better kind of "mega" store than one for cars and detailing. :p

supercharged
11-13-2006, 05:38 AM
I love it!

hammer55
11-13-2006, 07:48 AM
jmho here, its only as good as you use it, its personal preference, find something you like and use it

ashsarna
11-13-2006, 07:57 AM
As ryandamartini stated,

UPP and Duragloss are great. I have tried practically all of the sealants here, and DG 105 (awesome reflective, wet looks that is probably the most durable lasting) and UPP (the slickest and wet) are at the top of the list imo.

supercharged
11-14-2006, 05:33 AM
I think I'm gonna get 4*UPP, 4*Shampoo (bananaIm the MAN ), Collinite 476 out of these new additions.