PDA

View Full Version : what wax for black????

Pages : [1] 2

BILLY_BLING
07-10-2010, 03:23 PM
What is the best wax for black or dark colored cars????? need some help getting ready to detail a 07 lexus big body car the paint is in good shape.

trhland
07-10-2010, 03:26 PM
SOUVERAN paste is a must!!!! :xyxthumbs:

A4 1.8tqm
07-10-2010, 03:33 PM
I knew what Toms answer was before opening the thread. :)

Fuzion is awesome as well, If your looking for something less expensive try Max Wax or Autoglym HD

quiksilver39
07-10-2010, 03:36 PM

Fuzion is awesome as well, If your looking for something less expensive try Max Wax or Autoglym HD

:iagree:

maximus20895
07-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Fuzion is on sale too!

trhland
07-10-2010, 03:51 PM

you guys know me too well... :xyxthumbs:

akimel
07-10-2010, 04:27 PM
I certainly can't disagree with Tom's recommendation of Souveran. It looks wonderful on my black S2K.

Yesterday and today I did my midsummer detail of my S2K (her name is Luthien). I had hoped I could make it through summer, but water spots on the hood appeared last month and I simply could not wait any longer. So I washed her yesterday and this morning I pulled out my Flex and polished the hood and horizontal panels with Ultimate Compound. I really do like UC. It's easy to use, good working time, minimal dusting, and it often leaves my finish LSP-ready. I still like to follow up with M205, but I didn't have the time today. After polishing the hood, I applied Four Star Pre-Wax Cleanser to the car and followed up with an application of Danase Wet Glaze, which I had bought a year ago. The DWG was easy to apply and left the finish quite glossy. Finally I topped Luthien with a coat of Fuzion. I had forgotten how wonderful Fuzion is. Love the smell. So easy and smooth to apply. Wet, reflective finish. The DWG + Fuzion is a great combination. Fuzion is an excellent wax for dark colors and it's more durable than Souveran.

I also dressed the tires in Mother's FX Tire Shine. I like this a lot. It has a touch more gloss than Reflections, which my low profile tires probably needs.

But Fuzion is super expensive. If you are looking for something more economical, may I recommend Mother's Reflections. It's a great buy, and it really does leave a reflective, wet finish on properly prepped dark-colored cars. Quite honestly, it reminds me of the look I get from Fuzion.

AeroCleanse
07-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Dodo Juice Supernatural is an awesome wax for any color.

ewiesner
07-10-2010, 04:32 PM
I vote Souveran, too.

trhland
07-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Souveran is all i use for that WOW wax.. i allways put a coat on when i enter my truck in car shows .. its just awesome !!!!! deep dark glossy look it leaves!!!

maximus20895
07-10-2010, 04:57 PM
I thought Souveran was for light colored cars..or is that SSII?

trhland
07-10-2010, 04:59 PM
I thought Souveran was for light colored cars..or is that SSII?

thats SS2. but ss2 is awesome on dark too...

ScottB
07-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Souveran Paste indeed ... the glow and wetness and amazing on blacks !

HighEndDetail
07-10-2010, 07:32 PM
SOUVERAN paste !!!! :xyxthumbs:

Souveran Paste indeed ... the glow and wetness and amazing on blacks !

:iagree:

trhland
07-10-2010, 07:36 PM
im going to sniff some waxes tonite i think ..