PDA

View Full Version : wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant

proudpoppa
07-09-2010, 09:22 PM
how much product on average would you say it takes to do a medium sized car, say an impala? i got a sample and have yet to use it, but if i like it i may consider it for my own vehicles. thing being its pretty pricey but if not much product is needed then it wouldnt be such a big deal. anyh help would be greatly appreciate.

maximus20895
07-09-2010, 09:28 PM
I would guess you can do your car 2+ times with it? I don't know how much sealant I use total.

I like powerlock better and it's cheaper!

Jenn1270
07-09-2010, 09:35 PM
I've got some new rejex coming and can't wait to test it out. The DP paint sealant is great as well. I really can't tell the difference, but I don't have a "trained" eye, yet :)

Reddwarf
07-09-2010, 10:03 PM
A little goes a long way. Well worth the price IMO. A bottle will last a long time. You apply a thin coat and the sealant lasts a long time so no need to apply every month.

mackdaddyhibble
07-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Ive got a lincoln towncar and it usually takes approximately 1- 1 1/2 oz of sealant to do car,so like it was previously stated with a thin coat a little goes a long way,16 oz will hold you a while .

jjkacz
07-10-2010, 07:41 AM
I think it depends on the application method. I always tend to use more product when doing it by hand. When I use my PC and the 4in red pad I use way less. I have done two small SUV's with it and there is still an inch of it left in the sample bottle.

The product is great and seems to last for quite a while.:dblthumb2:

PAR Detailing
07-10-2010, 08:02 AM
I can get 3 normal sized sedans out of a sample bottle. I love the samples because I have several different wax/sealants from it which is fun to try new stuff but it is also reducing the cost per vehicle... atleast that is what I tell myself haha

Silverstone
11-01-2010, 03:42 AM
Once I load up a pad with WGDG I put it on maybe two more times (much less) and then I can do the whole rest of the car with what's on the pad. As long as I can touch it with the back of my finger and the nail gets wet, I just keep on going. So say after the hood and roof, I drizzle a tiny bit more and I'm good to go. I get several cars at least out of a 16oz bottle.

ScottB
11-01-2010, 08:20 AM
should use around 1 ounce (max 2 ounces) to properly apply a sealant to an entire normal size car. Remember the key is a nice thin and even coat.

LegacyGT
11-01-2010, 08:22 AM
I have done 5 vehicles including 1 SUV an have gone through about 8oz.