PDA

View Full Version : Absorber Verse Guzzler

Pages : [1] 2

XterraOverload
11-09-2006, 02:49 PM
Long story short Iv been using the Absorber for years and have refused to use anything else because I love it so much.
Hoping some of you have used both.
How does the Absorber compare to the Guzzler??Feed back please

Kelso
11-09-2006, 03:05 PM
i have off-brands of both of those. both of them in my book are "all right" nothing compares to a big cotton shower towel. i usually end up drying with my big MF towel though cause...well i paid for it im gonna use it

quantim0
11-09-2006, 03:30 PM
I used an absorber, until I got my guzzler. After I sheet the water from my car, one 20x40 guzzler dries my entire car without being wrung out. The absorber didn't do that and seems to just smear the water around. I threw mine out after one guzzler use.

ScottB
11-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Asorber is simply a sythetic chamois with no knap. P21S makes a nice one called the Drying Towel (http://www.autogeek.net/p2dryintow.html). I have found that once the Guzzler (waffle weave MF) came to town, there was no need for others. I do however keep them for visitors.

ryandamartini
11-09-2006, 03:58 PM
guzzler ftw! :)

FloridaNative
11-09-2006, 05:13 PM
I've used both and the guzzler is the better product hands down!

MikeyC
11-09-2006, 05:15 PM
i have off-brands of both of those. both of them in my book are "all right" nothing compares to a big cotton shower towel. i usually end up drying with my big MF towel though cause...well i paid for it im gonna use it

Try the actual Guzzler and you'll never go back to your cotton towel. The other brands of WW (especially the ones you find in your local auto parts store or Target/Wal-Mart) just don't compare.

Once you go Guzzler you never go back!!

Russecu
11-09-2006, 05:32 PM
Just tried my new guzzler and schmitt about an hour ago.:righton: Loved it. I have aways used a absorber until I found microfiber and the guzzler. No wringing it out and it dried this big thing. But I did flood it first to help rid of water.

trl2112
11-09-2006, 05:34 PM
I too used the Absorber for years. I now own the Guzzler among other WW and as killer, said my Absorber is used on visitors\other cars.

XterraOverload
11-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Sweet...... Thanks for the advice guys.....and girls........
Do you guys recommend a certain size?? regular or the Ultimate?

ltoman
11-09-2006, 05:59 PM
I placed my order and got the Guzzler that was on sale - a big one, so I hope it is like you guys all say. I was using a chamois. Like a chamois, you have to wet it first? (I have not gotten my order yet. I will "absorb" any info I can get. I ordered a Schmitt too....

ryandamartini
11-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Sweet...... Thanks for the advice guys.....and girls........
Do you guys recommend a certain size?? regular or the Ultimate?

Go for the big one! :D Is it still on sale ?

ryandamartini
11-09-2006, 06:20 PM
I placed my order and got the Guzzler that was on sale - a big one, so I hope it is like you guys all say. I was using a chamois. Like a chamois, you have to wet it first? (I have not gotten my order yet. I will "absorb" any info I can get. I ordered a Schmitt too....

Yes you are one step towards becoming FULL of Schmitt! :cheers:

ltoman
11-09-2006, 06:29 PM
:D hee hee! what would life be without shmitt?

ScottB
11-09-2006, 06:31 PM
dont wet th Guzzler first, it will absorb loads of water. Remember to wash seperately from other laundry and towels. No heat, no fabric softner, and consider microfiber specific soap.