PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Foam Cannon?

bimmer325!
07-07-2010, 03:07 AM
Hi fellow forum people!
I am new to the site and am enjoying the knowledge that is shared from person to person. It is neat to see the passion that people share for their rides and the work that they do for others. I am looking forward to "learning" as I am just a beginner. I have a griots 6" and 3" orbital and am looking forward to learning my craft of detailing. I have always loved taking either my cars or friends cars and seeing how they "change" with just a little attention and TLC. I can only get better with the info and products that are available here. :Picture:I do want to know two things:
1) What is the best way to safely detail and engine bay ( w/o damage to sensors etc)
and
2) I am interested in the foam cannons but who out there knows which is going to be the most durable type? The strait water/hose seems to be the most obvious but since I do have a Karcher pres. washer, I could also go that route..but am not sure about wearing out parts etc on the pres washer vs direct hose.
Am looking forward to responses and Happy detailing to all!!

A4 1.8tqm
07-07-2010, 03:46 AM
Hi fellow forum people!
I am new to the site and am enjoying the knowledge that is shared from person to person. It is neat to see the passion that people share for their rides and the work that they do for others. I am looking forward to "learning" as I am just a beginner. I have a griots 6" and 3" orbital and am looking forward to learning my craft of detailing. I have always loved taking either my cars or friends cars and seeing how they "change" with just a little attention and TLC. I can only get better with the info and products that are available here. :Picture:I do want to know two things:
1) What is the best way to safely detail and engine bay ( w/o damage to sensors etc)
and
2) I am interested in the foam cannons but who out there knows which is going to be the most durable type? The strait water/hose seems to be the most obvious but since I do have a Karcher pres. washer, I could also go that route..but am not sure about wearing out parts etc on the pres washer vs direct hose.
Am looking forward to responses and Happy detailing to all!!

:welcome:

I highly recommend the Autogeek Foam Cannon HP (http://www.autogeek.net/autogeek-foam-cannon-hp.html), it's very well constructed and preforms flawlessly.

For the best chance at getting your questions answered to the full extent, create a new thread. :xyxthumbs:

bimmer325!
07-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Thanks alot A4..I appreciate the help and advice.