PDA

View Full Version : AG's Warranty on Griot's Garage 6" Random Orbital

Pages : [1] 2 3

sunfire
07-07-2010, 05:17 PM
This will be my first DA and I'm a light user. I'll wax my car twice a year. And will probably use the DA at most 4 times a year between my car and the family cars maybe some correction before each waxing. So having the unit fail and the warranty run out on the 5th or 6th use would be a huge setback for me. I'm looking to buy the "Griot's Garage Random Orbital Polisher & Pad Kit" through Autogeek. The kit with shipping is a better deal than getting it direct from Griots.

And I'm just wondering if AG will honor the "Griot's Lifetime Warranty" on the GG6 DA?

A few people have posted good results with Griot replacing their broken DA because their until was purchased direct. But I thought I saw a thread where someone in the forums mentioned that AG will indeed honor the lifetime warranty. But I can't find the thread anymore.

If not, how long is the AG warranty on the GG6 DA?

RTexasF
07-07-2010, 05:53 PM
If I understand it correctly AG will replace that product within 30 days + or -. After that it is up to the Griot to repair/replace it. I also bought one and I hope the failure rate drops, there are too many going down at this point. No, I don't have exact numbers but it does get mentioned a lot here. Odd that you don't hear a word about the new PC or the Meguiar's machine biting the bullet as often as the Griots does. It is not bolstering my confidence but it does have a lifetime warranty. It all boils down to how much hassle and expense is involved in getting a new one if yours craps out.

Rsurfer
07-07-2010, 06:37 PM
When I bought my GG RO, Ag said that if I bought it from them, they will honor the lifetime warranty. Fortunately I have had no problems with my polisher.

Jason
07-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Actually, all you need to do is contact our returns dept and they will take care of it. We do honor the manufacturers warranty.

cobalt9123
07-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Actually, all you need to do is contact our returns dept and they will take care of it. We do honor the manufacturers warranty.

Yep, talked to Griot's before talking to AutoGeek, and they informed me that I didn't need to contact Griot's at all. All I needed to do was call Dwayne up and tell him what was going on because AG upholds the lifetime warranty. He sent me a pre-paid UPS shipping label and I sent it back and he is now sending me a new unit. AG is awesome! :props:

Mirror Detailing
07-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Funny I read this...the black cyclinder piece on the back that covers the electronics and everything popped off today. Only way I could get it to stay on while I was working was some super glue and some 3m green tape. Only thing I had on me at the time and it was very hard to use the DA when that black piece at the end comes off.

Finemess
07-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Knock on wood, my is going strong.

stebob
07-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Is the warranty valid if you purchase the polisher from the original purchaser..2nd owner situation? In other words, is it transferable?

stebob
07-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Anyone?

5.4 Shelby
07-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Is the warranty valid if you purchase the polisher from the original purchaser..2nd owner situation? In other words, is it transferable?
Dont know. Call griots or check their website for details.

Arunas
07-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Until you have the original invoice it will be valid

Flash Gordon
07-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Until you have the original invoice it will be valid

Yea, this is something that concerns me. Griots did not send a invoice with my machine. I requested on 2 different occasions for them to send me a copy. Still haven't recieved it. I can't help but wonder if they will try to jam me if and when I have an issue.

Arunas
07-12-2010, 07:06 PM
If you ordered online, then you should have your order confirmation email, you can use that. If you made an order by the phone for example, then that's another story.

Flash Gordon
07-12-2010, 07:29 PM
If you ordered online, then you should have your order confirmation email, you can use that. If you made an order by the phone for example, then that's another story.

I Phone order everything. I like talking to a human just to make sure we are all clear. I have already added to my list of things to do tommorow to call them 1 more time. Its really getting old, I will be on the phone at least 10-15 minutes for the 3rd time. Thats 45 minutes of my life totally wasted :nomore:

If they try to jam me I assure you I will be posting like a mad man on every detail forum.

Arunas
07-12-2010, 07:31 PM
lol :) good luck ;)

next time order from AG :)