PDA

View Full Version : How much soap?

astrogus
07-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Just bought some Megs Shampoo Plus what should i dilute it to for use in my foam cannon? By the way this stuff smells awesome IMO smells like the little trees Black Ice air freshner.

A4 1.8tqm
07-07-2010, 03:23 PM
I haven't used that shampoo in my foam cannon, but I've found that 1oz of soap to 5-7oz of water works well. I start with the Dilution setting all the way down, start spraying, adjust spray pattern, then adjust soap dilution. With one ounce of soap, I can easily white out the whole car a couple times.

FinalTouchAuto
07-08-2010, 09:31 AM
1oz of soap is what I start out with for any soap in the foam gun and it tends to be more than is necessary.

Emile
07-08-2010, 01:20 PM
When I use a soap that is 1oz/gallon of water, I use 2-4 ounces and fill the rest with water. If I know I am going to use a lower foam setting on my foam cannon, then I will use 4oz soap and the rest water.

If I just want to foam up my wheels after cleaning them, I will do 2oz of soap, fill the rest with water, put the foam cannon on max and create a small blizzard on my wheels and wheel wells.

I don't like to save one mixture over the course of several car washes, but I understand that some pro detailers make a strong soap/water mixture and keep their cannon on a low setting so that it lasts through several washes.

FinalTouchAuto
07-08-2010, 02:46 PM
When I use a soap that is 1oz/gallon of water, I use 2-4 ounces and fill the rest with water. If I know I am going to use a lower foam setting on my foam cannon, then I will use 4oz soap and the rest water.

If I just want to foam up my wheels after cleaning them, I will do 2oz of soap, fill the rest with water, put the foam cannon on max and create a small blizzard on my wheels and wheel wells.

I don't like to save one mixture over the course of several car washes, but I understand that some pro detailers make a strong soap/water mixture and keep their cannon on a low setting so that it lasts through several washes.

Wow you must get an INSANE amount of foam with 4 oz, ha ha! Im the MAN