PDA

View Full Version : Green pad??

MONSTERMATT
07-06-2010, 11:13 PM
After using PB 2.5 SSR with an orange LC pad, can i use the green LC pad to apply the PB polish?? I will then be using Black Hole with a grey LC pad , followed by , PB EX with blue LC pad, then PB Natty paste with a red, sound ok??

rohnramirez
07-06-2010, 11:52 PM
You can use gray pad for PB EX and Natty's. IME, the blue and moreso the red, absorbs too much product.

tuscarora dave
07-06-2010, 11:54 PM
If you are talking about a finishing polish on the green pad that makes sense to me. My bet would be that all that machine application of the EX and Natty's will remove the black hole though.

MONSTERMATT
07-07-2010, 11:17 PM
If you are talking about a finishing polish on the green pad that makes sense to me. My bet would be that all that machine application of the EX and Natty's will remove the black hole though.
are u saying skip the black hole??

Pristine Image
07-08-2010, 07:32 AM
Just out of curiousity, why don't you want to apply your EX and Natty's by hand?

My personal preference is to do the sealant and wax by hand. I feel it's more thorough for these two product types.

MONSTERMATT
07-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Just out of curiousity, why don't you want to apply your EX and Natty's by hand?

My personal preference is to do the sealant and wax by hand. I feel it's more thorough for these two product types.
I never really considered hand application, since i have the porter cable and all, How it this done? In a circular motion with the microfiber?? I wonder what the benefits are are to using the wax and sealant by hand versus the machine??

Pristine Image
07-08-2010, 05:31 PM
I never really considered hand application, since i have the porter cable and all, How it this done? In a circular motion with the microfiber?? I wonder what the benefits are are to using the wax and sealant by hand versus the machine??

I don't know about the benefits between doing it one way or the other but I can answer on how it's done; Use a foam pad in circular motions that have 50% overlaps (experts correct me if I'm wrong). Mike has some videos that show that procedure so just search for it in the video section.

MONSTERMATT
07-08-2010, 08:30 PM
I don't know about the benefits between doing it one way or the other but I can answer on how it's done; Use a foam pad in circular motions that have 50% overlaps (experts correct me if I'm wrong). Mike has some videos that show that procedure so just search for it in the video section.
Until i know why one method is better than the other, i will use the PC , i have heard conflicting opinions on speed for sealants and waxes, i have heard that a high speed is actually becoming the preferred way to apply sealants and waxes , contrary to the standard "wax on low speed"

Pristine Image
07-08-2010, 08:30 PM

I was completely wrong on this. I watched the videos myself just to make sure I'm using the correct technique and sure enough I wasn't. For spreading both the sealant and wax by hand you'll want to spread the product in straight lines in the direction that the wind would blow over the car. Sorry for initially misleading you!!