PDA

View Full Version : Wipe off inbetween adding more product?

jayhkr
07-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Is it completely necessary to wipe off the compound/polish if you were going to add more product to your pad and go over the same area again? I understand wanting to inspect the finish, but if you know that you need to hit the area again, is it absolutely necessary to do a wipe off? Just seems to me I could save a few MF towels by not touching the paint so much. Just curious.

smalltrees
07-05-2010, 09:25 PM
not "completely" but... I would think you would be curious to your progress... I am always curious, to see my results... I am sure it depends on the product you are using, as well...

rohnramirez
07-05-2010, 11:16 PM
I don't, unless i'm switching to a different product. I just wipe off when i need to inspect, not when i know i need more passes.

SATracker
07-05-2010, 11:53 PM
I just did a BMW, started w/ Meg's 205, then went to Menzerna PO85. When working the sections w/Meg's; no, did not wipe down. When going from Meg's to Menzerna, then from Menzerna to Klasse AIO; yes on the wipe down. Not sure if it's necessary but the car turned out great; I mean the finish on it, the car looks like it came off the showroom. Not sure I'm that good but I used great products and a meticulous procedure.