PDA

View Full Version : What else with flex/edge adapter?

Pages : [1] 2

hofiveo
07-05-2010, 06:37 PM
I am ordering the edge adapter with some pads. I am getting two of every foam pad and at the bottom it has the quick connect adapter and silver weighted inserts, was just wondering if that is needed at all with the edge adapter. Thanks for the help.

CEE DOG
07-05-2010, 06:40 PM
I sure hope not! I got the adapter and pads. Don't think I need anything else... I can't find exactly what your talking about to verify though. Can you post a link?

Mindflux
07-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Those are cyclo parts if I remember right.

hofiveo
07-05-2010, 06:53 PM
The items are at the bottom of the page of the Double Precision pads.
Cyclo Double Precision pads are double-sided foam buffing pads for the Cyclo polisher. (http://www.autogeek.net/doubleprecision-cyclo-pads.html)
The Double precisions pads are the right one with the Edge/Flex adapter, right?

CEE DOG
07-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Yes, you have the right pads. :dblthumb2:

Like Mindflux said the adapter and weights are for the cyclo. Your Flex adapter doesn't need those.

ScottB
07-05-2010, 07:58 PM
pads and adapter is all I ever needed, had it for a couple years now.

hofiveo
07-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the info guys, placing order now. I am new to this and just did one of our white F-350's white crew cab duallie and it was easy, just alot of paint and odd body lines and panels. I will start another thread on my first expierence polishing with almost full correction.

feslope
07-05-2010, 10:32 PM
The items are at the bottom of the page of the Double Precision pads.
Cyclo Double Precision pads are double-sided foam buffing pads for the Cyclo polisher. (http://www.autogeek.net/doubleprecision-cyclo-pads.html)
The Double precisions pads are the right one with the Edge/Flex adapter, right?If you want four inch pads. The page you are linking to is for the Cyclo. You need the adapter at Edge FLEX XC 3401 Conversion Adapter, Edge Pads adapter for FLEX Orbital Buffer, 3M Edge 2000 Adapter (http://www.autogeek.net/edge-flex-buffer-adapter.html) and then purchase the pads of your choice.

feslope
07-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Yes, you have the right pads. :dblthumb2:

Like Mindflux said the adapter and weights are for the cyclo. Your Flex adapter doesn't need those.I would check out these pads also The Edge 2000 6 Inch DA Pads: The Edge 2000 6 Inch DuraFoam Pads will change the way you think about buffing pads. (http://www.autogeek.net/edge20006.html)

tuscarora dave
07-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Don't apply very much pressure on those double precision pads. I did and they didn't last through 1 paint correction job. I have a few other double precision pads that I did not apply much pressure to and they are holding up just fine. I just use them for on the pillars and around the grill etc.

hofiveo
07-06-2010, 07:10 AM
I purcchased that adapter Fred for the Flex, I already had the Flex with a bunch of LC Flat pads and just wanted the adapter w/ 4" pads for the tighter areas on our F-350's and aything else. Dave thanks for the info for pressure. I will watch that. Thanks again for the great help and watching my back for the right products.

BobbyG
07-07-2010, 11:45 AM
If you want four inch pads. The page you are linking to is for the Cyclo. You need the adapter at Edge FLEX XC 3401 Conversion Adapter, Edge Pads adapter for FLEX Orbital Buffer, 3M Edge 2000 Adapter (http://www.autogeek.net/edge-flex-buffer-adapter.html) and then purchase the pads of your choice.

Fred,

Thanks for the link!

I watched the video and I certainly can't argue with the adapter and quick change design. Other than changing out the pads more quickly is there any other advantages to using this approach?

Mindflux
07-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Fred,

Thanks for the link!

I watched the video and I certainly can't argue with the adapter and quick change design. Other than changing out the pads more quickly is there any other advantages to using this approach?

Perfectly centered pad every time, double sided pads. (use one side, flip pad, keep going)

I loved the idea behind the system, but it seems like 3M (who bought out Edge) doesn't have as much commitment to it from what I can tell so I sold my pads off.

Derrick
07-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Perfectly centered pad every time, double sided pads. (use one side, flip pad, keep going)

I loved the idea behind the system, but it seems like 3M (who bought out Edge) doesn't have as much commitment to it from what I can tell so I sold my pads off.

I think 3M seems to be very committed to them. They have their pads with the Edge system plus the original Edge pads are still being sold.

Derrick

Mindflux
07-07-2010, 01:16 PM
I think 3M seems to be very committed to them. They have their pads with the Edge system plus the original Edge pads are still being sold.

Derrick

Scarce/Non Existent 6/8" Wave pads, backordered rotary adapters and a rumored "no longer in production" edge adapter doesn't sound like "very committed" to me.

Missing the "ultra fine" white wool too.