PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Disaster.

DS Detailer
04-10-2006, 01:04 PM
So, I was adding yet another layer of Pinnacle LS to my car... and some how the bottle fell off the shelf and the hard plastic cap broke. However, when that happened I was inside enjoying a delish sandwich and pickle.

Needless to say... my ENTIRE bottle of LS is now on my driveway.

I balme the wind.

Guess i need a new bottle. I've been wanting to try a Paste wax too. What should i try. The Car is Inferno Red. I want something MIND boggling.

Meghan
04-10-2006, 01:07 PM
DS Detailer, I will tell you my personal favorite, WG sealant with Signature Series on top. Just my .02
:rolleyes:

DS Detailer
04-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Can you believe that tho. A whole bottle of Pinnacle.

Meghan
04-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Can you believe that tho. A whole bottle of Pinnacle.
Somehow YES I can believe it, I hope that was one yummy sandwich!!:(

DS Detailer
04-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Somehow YES I can believe it, I hope that was one yummy sandwich!!:(

It was alright.

MasterShineBoy
04-10-2006, 03:36 PM
It tasted bad after I bet! How is the shine on your driveway?

DS Detailer
04-10-2006, 04:42 PM
It tasted bad after I bet! How is the shine on your driveway?

Funny you ask. My dad saw it and was like...

"What you waxing everything now?"

ScottB
04-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Mind Boggling -- Pinnacle Souveran

Minor Tremors -- Sig Series II

Cost Conscious Shakes -- Nattys Blue

SVTContour
04-10-2006, 05:01 PM
Mind Boggling -- Pinnacle Souveran

Minor Tremors -- Sig Series II

Cost Conscious Shakes -- Nattys Blue

How does DP MaxWax fit into this picture?

ScottB
04-10-2006, 05:15 PM
How does DP MaxWax fit into this picture?

Muscle Cramp .... (just joking) can not think of something that puts it inbetween SS and NB.

BritOn2wheels
04-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Hey DS Detailer you are not alone!
Just last week I knocked two products off my garage shelves, one was a bottle of Klasse AIO, the other was Pinnacle's ASR. Both bottles broke open on landing, probably due to the cold weather we were having here in Delaware last week.
The Pinnacle ASR's bottle top broke and started leaking, but the bottle of Klasse just shattered on impact and was a total loss.
Like you I now have a nice clean spot on the garage floor that is also free of any swirl marks. :(

JBlue
04-10-2006, 09:12 PM
The Klasse containers seem to have a reputation for shattering easily. Other products' containers are the same way. I dropped a spray bottle of 303 protectorant a couple of weeks ago. It dropped only a couple of feet but hit the concrete and the bottom shattered and I was only able to save about a quarter of the contents. Expensive product doesn't always mean it comes to resilient containers.

BritOn2wheels
04-11-2006, 06:34 AM
How right you are! Klasse AIO is a great product, but just as in your case my bottle only fell about three feet but shattered on impact. A total loss of an expensive product.
The bottle top of the Pinnacle ASR broke apart and is useless, so I called Autogeek to ask if they had any spare bottle tops for sale. The answer was no. Kinda surpised me that you don't have a few lying around to keep us ham-fisted detailers happy......;)

Neothin
04-11-2006, 10:58 AM
in that situation i would put it between souveran and SS. Maxwax is a really nice wax for a cheap price.

RMG topped w/ maxwax/souveran/NB would look stellar