PDA

View Full Version : Bead comparison Collinite 845 | Liquid Soveran

miamijd7
07-04-2010, 11:51 PM
Just wondering, both sides have Klasse AIO & Sealant underneath.
The left side of the hood has Collinite 845 and the right side has Liq. Sov. By the looks of the photos the beading on the left seems smaller and closely grouped. On the right side the beading is bigger but gaps between them. By what you see, which one seems to be better protecting?
Both products were easy to use but I'm looking for protection (UV, Rain, etc.) and my deciding factor will be durability (how long the application lasts).

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/001wax.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/002wax.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/004wax.JPG

Labster
07-04-2010, 11:53 PM
I'd stick with 845, it has great durability in my experience.

miamijd7
07-18-2010, 07:03 PM
I wanted to follow up on my experience so far. Well, the beading has continued to do well but I ended up applying 845 to my work car and I have decided not to use it for the following reason:
Today it was in the 90's and I was working outside in the parking garage. Halfway through the application, I was getting a headache but dismissed it because of the heat. Well, I got home, showered, and here I am 4 hours later and I still have the pungent chemical smell of the 845 in my nose. I am almost certain the headache is from that and not from the heat. I am disappointed because I liked the protection but I can not deal with the smell. It was breezy today and well ventilated but I guess the 845 is too strong, at least for me.

I am also disappointed because I applied the 845 on the black paint and even when removed, I had what appeared streaks/haze on certain spots, sorry no photos. Time to search for other waxes, now for black painted cars....

So, here I go looking for an alternative wax, again. :bash:

rwright
07-18-2010, 08:05 PM
What are you looking for? Liquid or paste? If you're looking for a paste wax for black paint, hands down it's Souveran. If you're looking for liquid, try Duragloss #105. It has a little bit of a chemical but nothing like Collinite #845. Another liquid that I like is not a wax but a sealant, DP Poli-coat. That stuff is tough and can be tough to remove if you decide you no longer want it on your paint. I pre-soaked with P21S Total Auto Wash, washed with 3oz. Meg's APC+ with 3oz. Wolfgang Auto Bathe and it was still sheeting water!

ScottB
07-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Collonite is more durable, but Liquid Souveran looks better to me. Really comes down to your needs however.

gibbsj87
07-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Technically, since you can layer wax. Can you do a coat of Souvern for looks and Collonite for better protection?

miamijd7
07-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the replies. Rwright, I'm planning on using paste. Liquid is easier but my experience with paste is longer lasting. I was fortunate enough to see the Soveran on the black mustang at the open garage last month and REALLY enjoyed the smell and simplicity of applying it wipe on / wipe off. My personal cars are light colored but I've been working on my work and friends cars that are dark (black,maroon...). The price is a little bit steep for me but someday I'll pick it up I hope, maybe bogo?