PDA

View Full Version : White plastic stuff in MF towels

jayhkr
07-04-2010, 11:44 PM
Ok, so I washed my towels today and, as usual I always go over them for loose debris. Well upon inspection I noticed on almost every one of them there were these plastic shouds embedded in them. At first it reminded me of a finger nail, but they where everywhere. Some of them were really stuck in there and had to take a pair of pliers to remove. Any idea what they could had been or where they came from? I'm just glad I always look over my towels just for this reason.

2003 GMC Denali
07-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Remnants of the last load that was in the Washer/Dryer ?

jayhkr
07-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Remnants of the last load that was in the Washer/Dryer ?

Could had been, but what on earth would plastic be doing in my washer? I guess I need to get into the habbit of doing a tub cleaning before I wash them. Man, now I'm getting into the overly obsessed part of my towels! :xyxthumbs:

ScottB
07-05-2010, 06:18 AM
did something in the dryer break perhaps ... keep an eye on other laundry too. Did towels touch ground or what were they last used on ???

jayhkr
07-05-2010, 08:49 AM
I hope nothing broke off, it's a brand new washer/dryer. Bought it 3 months ago. 80% of the mf load were new Vroom towels I got at target. They had their initial wash and have only touched paint once. This was their first "after paint touch" wash. Nothing touches the ground and in the unlikely event that they do touch the ground it's usually grass I pick out of them as I wash in my yard. I'll keep an eye on my next couple of loads.

snowking724
07-05-2010, 09:01 AM
what heat setting was the dryer on. could it be melting the mf's?

NickDW
07-05-2010, 09:15 AM
I was wondering if you use powder detergent or liquid. I have seen powder detergent cake up like that before and not dissolve like it's supposed to.

grooveregulator
07-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Did you wash any MF applicator pads? I picked some cheapies up at Autozone and had the same issue. Pretty sure they were the culprit. Haven't cut one open yet to find out though.

jayhkr
07-05-2010, 01:04 PM
what heat setting was the dryer on. could it be melting the mf's?

Air dry only, for about 90 minutes. Never put any heat on them. Just my preference.

I was wondering if you use powder detergent or liquid. I have seen powder detergent cake up like that before and not dissolve like it's supposed to.

Liquid Tide Free

Did you wash any MF applicator pads? I picked some cheapies up at Autozone and had the same issue. Pretty sure they were the culprit. Haven't cut one open yet to find out though.

Nope, just towels. To be specifice just paint touching towels at that.

Weird isn't it?

Rsurfer
07-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Air dry only, for about 90 minutes. Never put any heat on them. Just my preference.

Liquid Tide Free

Nope, just towels. To be specifice just paint touching towels at that.

Weird isn't it?
Seems like you did everything correctly, so it has to be something in the washer or dryer.

2003 GMC Denali
07-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Got a Picture of these "Fingernails" ?