PDA

View Full Version : Best MF cleaner?

Pages : [1] 2

Christopher
07-04-2010, 07:22 PM
As you may or may not know, I am in the market for some quality microfiber cleaner. As far as I'm aware, AG has cleaner by DP, Pinnacle, and Micro Restore. Seeing as the required amount to clean (1-2oz) is the same for all of them... I was wondering if any of you have used more than one product and can comment on their effectiveness?

I want to go for DP seeing as it is a BOGO right now, but I will definitely be open for other suggestions.

Lasthope05
07-04-2010, 07:31 PM
All they are are regular degreasers. I have the DP microfiber cleaner and have never noticed any differences between it vs using a few ounces of degreaser, APC, or regular laundry detergent.

loudog2
07-04-2010, 08:20 PM
micro restore works well. A gallon will last you a while.

Jenn1270
07-04-2010, 08:27 PM
As you may or may not know, I am in the market for some quality microfiber cleaner. As far as I'm aware, AG has cleaner by DP, Pinnacle, and Micro Restore. Seeing as the required amount to clean (1-2oz) is the same for all of them... I was wondering if any of you have used more than one product and can comment on their effectiveness?

I want to go for DP seeing as it is a BOGO right now, but I will definitely be open for other suggestions.

I use the DP and bought some on BOGO because you can never have enough.

Jenn

Mindflux
07-04-2010, 08:31 PM
I gave up on Microfiber cleaners. I just use dye/scent free liquid soap.

Dubbin1
07-04-2010, 08:34 PM
I always used Tide until I got some of the Pinnacle MF cleaner. Now I just use 1oz of the MF cleaner and Liquid Tide mixed together.

RTexasF
07-04-2010, 08:42 PM
One scoop of Oxyclean works for me.

ScottB
07-05-2010, 06:26 AM
I have used all three and like the DP version too. If its on BOGO grab it. You can add some white vinegar to the rinse cycle as desired, but really need nothing more than it.

In a pinch I have also used the DP Pad Rejuvinator on MF towels and it works great on the real dirty ones. Best part, its about the best pad cleaner too. Another worthy purchase ...

trhland
07-05-2010, 06:42 AM
i use micro restore. and itsnice. i actually bought the pinnacle one last year .being that i love pinnacle i figured id give it a shot. itsmoremoney but really not any better. there all the same really. so stick with whats cheap its just towel cleaner . save ur money for other things..

A4 1.8tqm
07-05-2010, 06:56 AM
DP is good stuff, don't miss the BOGO!

Old Tiger
07-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Go with BOGO!

Mindflux
07-05-2010, 09:15 AM
One scoop of Oxyclean works for me.

I don't trust powders enough to fully dissolve especially if they end up in the nap of the microfibers. I'd be afraid some hidden granules would end up marring my paint. (I've seen people mention that using powdered soap has ended up doing just what I mentioned)

rwright
07-05-2010, 09:24 AM
I have used all three and like the DP version too. If its on BOGO grab it. You can add some white vinegar to the rinse cycle as desired, but really need nothing more than it.

In a pinch I have also used the DP Pad Rejuvinator on MF towels and it works great on the real dirty ones. Best part, its about the best pad cleaner too. Another worthy purchase ...

Scott, how much vinegar? I'm trying to track down the information to try this on the next load of towels.

Thanks,
Richard

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
07-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Scott, how much vinegar? I'm trying to track down the information to try this on the next load of towels.

Thanks,
Richard

Im curious to know that tooFeed back please

ScottB
07-05-2010, 11:35 AM

Thanks,
Richard

I was told by someone in the garment industry to use no more than 1 cup for a normal or full load. I often use between 1/2 and 3/4 cup and have not seen any damage to towels. It does "seem" to have helped with some older towels that seemed to have lost their thirst. I dont really feel they are that much softer however.