PDA

View Full Version : Dumb but curious, Wax attracting bugs?

miamijd7
07-04-2010, 10:23 AM
On the verge of sounding really dumb, here it goes. I waxed my wifes car using liquid Soveran and while doing so, several "flying ant insects" were landing only on the spots I waxed.
Wait it gets better, later on that night I waxed my other car with Megs NXT and had the same problem. Both times I waxed were in different locations. So my question is there some sort of attraction for insects to the ingredients in the wax? Bear with me I know it's a dumb question but I just needed to know, curiosity sake. :bash:

Mindflux
07-04-2010, 10:37 AM
I've had bugs attracted to Mothers Showtime QD before. I think if it smells sweet it has the potential to attract insects. The part I QD'd was swarming with gnats later that evening.

Dubbin1
07-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Not a dumb question at all. I notice the same thing whenever I put something that smells really good on a car. Must be the scent???

Irish
07-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Maybe so. I thought it was just the amazing reflections caused by proper usage of 85rd. I figure all bugs are narcissists so they use my car to admire themselves. :coolgleam:

Misterpaul
07-04-2010, 01:01 PM
I've had bugs attracted to NXT 2.0, M16, Gold Class Paste, Zymol Concours Glaze, Meg's Cleaner Wax & Poorboy's Natty Paste wax. I've also had them land on UQD and Adam's Detail Spray. They also really like Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax. Bugs though don't appear to like polish by any of the manufacturers I've used, same goes for M7 Show Car glaze.

I agree with Dubbin1, it's probably the smell that gets their attention.

Flash Gordon
07-04-2010, 01:14 PM
No this is not a crazy question. Heck, when I smell Nattys Red on the hood of a car I bang my head up against it too. These bugs aren't crazy, just product addicts, just like you and me :props:

miamijd7
07-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Cool thanks all, I thought I was singled out in some sort of conspiracy. Like most of you said must be the scent or something although I like "Irish" 's answer about the amazing reflections from the shine. :laughing: