PDA

View Full Version : Before applying EX-P and Collinite 845

DrMike
11-08-2006, 03:15 PM
I put a coat of s100 on my brand new truck. Do I need to remove that off before I put EX-P on? Or will the EX-P remove it? If I do need to remove s100, do I just do a dawn wash or polish with XMT1?

thanks in advance

MikeyC
11-08-2006, 03:41 PM
You might get some bonding issues if you try to apply the EX-P over the S100. A lot of people will debate how effective washing with Dawn really is (plus it's bad for your car's rubber pieces). So, I would polish with XMT 1 to remove the S100. Use your least aggressive pad if you're using a PC. If you have a finishing pad that would probably be ideal. Alternatively, if you have a paint cleaner like Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion or Poorboy's Pro Polish that would be even more ideal.

DrMike
11-08-2006, 03:44 PM
You might get some bonding issues if you try to apply the EX-P over the S100. A lot of people will debate how effective washing with Dawn really is (plus it's bad for your car's rubber pieces). So, I would polish with XMT 1 to remove the S100. Use your least aggressive pad if you're using a PC. If you have a finishing pad that would probably be ideal. Alternatively, if you have a paint cleaner like Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion or Poorboy's Pro Polish that would be even more ideal.

Thanks. I'll skip the dawn then. I do have a couple Lake Country grey pads and a blue pad. I don't have a paint cleaner though. Anything worth buying at Walmart, Kmart, or Target?

supercharged
11-13-2006, 05:50 AM
Thanks. I'll skip the dawn then. I do have a couple Lake Country grey pads and a blue pad. I don't have a paint cleaner though. Anything worth buying at Walmart, Kmart, or Target?
Skip Dawn and polish it with XMT1. Rewash or wipe down with 50/50 water/alcohol mix. remember, sealant needs a clean, non-oily finish. Then apply 2 coats of EX-P, 12 hours apart. then S100.
Please post pictures when you are done. I really want to see S100 water beading.