PDA

View Full Version : Proper use for Meg's 205

superd
07-03-2010, 08:07 PM
I have just washed and clayed my wife's car and plan on using the Meg's 205. It's my first time using the product and I'm anxious to see how it works. Will I need to use a paint cleaner prior or will the 205 be strong enough to cut through the two layers of WGDGPS? The paint is in good condition and hardly any flaws. Also what pad would be recommended? I have several and am considering using the LLC white pad, then two layers of WGDGPS, and top it off with a layer of Fuzion.

Feed back please

Dubbin1
07-03-2010, 10:26 PM
If the paint is in that good of shape then M205 will work just fine with a white pad. Also it will not have any problems taking the WG off.

rwright
07-03-2010, 11:10 PM
If you're using a PC XP, Lake Country 5.5" Tangerine Hydro-Tech pad. 3-4 passes medium pressure, speed 5-6, then 3-4 passes light pressure, same speed. Works like a champ!

superd
07-03-2010, 11:54 PM
I will be using a PC 7424 xp. Hopefully it's as easy or easier to use than the WG FG. My wife's car is a white/pearl flake 05 Acura TL. I'm excited to see what the results look like and how much I can enhance the flake with the 205.

cobalt9123
07-03-2010, 11:59 PM
If WG DGPS has a cleaner in it (Like DP Poli-Coat and several other sealants do) then layering it twice will be useless..you will be removing the first coat with a 2nd coat of the sealant. Plus..you have to wait 12 hours for WG DGPS to fully cure. I'd suggest putting one layer of WG DGPS, let cure for 12-15 hours (if dry and not humid), then follow up with a coat of Fuzion. After about 3 or 4 hours, apply another coat of Fuzion. You should be looking fantastic then :)

Bunky
07-04-2010, 05:22 AM
I will be using a PC 7424 xp. Hopefully it's as easy or easier to use than the WG FG. My wife's car is a white/pearl flake 05 Acura TL. I'm excited to see what the results look like and how much I can enhance the flake with the 205.

You say your paint is in good condition and hardly any flaws. M205 will remove marring (scratches) and restore gloss if it needs it which enhance the paint. It may not make your flake pop. You should be able to get a better gloss result from the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze.
Is your paint soft? A white pad may not finish that well.

To me, flake pop is more associated to sealant/wax sealant choice assuming your paint is in good condition. You have a white car and clearly want more wow.

Flash Gordon
07-04-2010, 09:12 AM
I would hit it with a orange pad followed by 85rd on a black pad and then top it with 845 via your hand :props: