PDA

View Full Version : xmt#3 or wolgang tsr#3 or pb 2.5-help

john b
07-03-2010, 04:46 PM
i have a 2004 chevy s10 darker blue that i have tried xmt 1&2 on with what looks like very small light scratchs that you can run fingernail right over so i am thinking i should bump up to xmt-3 or poorboys 2.5 when i am woking out side or the wolfgang tsr 3.0.-is it possible that year of chevy have the ceramic clear coat-also i have adams pads and oarnge and white lc pads with pc 7424 xp- i need some help from you guys please

Fly bye
07-03-2010, 05:35 PM
That depends upon how deep the scratches are. A PC with XMT 3 will only do so much. XMT also has #4, in addition to 1, 2 and 3. I have used the XMT line, and it does what it is supposed to do. If you just have #3, crank it up to 6 on the PC, and put a good amount of pressure on it, and make like a kazillion passes. #3 will correct quite a bit for the type of technique being used. After a kazillian passes with #3 with moderate, to firm pressure, the finish will then be cloudy, but consistent. You will then have to go back over it with #2 with an orange, or white pad with less pressure, and the finish will polish out to a beautiful luster.

You can always give #4 a whirl.

Good luck :xyxthumbs:

Fly bye
07-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Btw, the XMT line does not have fillers, therefore, after you're done, what you see is what you get.

john b
07-03-2010, 05:53 PM
what about those spot pads used on a drill-i am a little scared to try those other wise i could move up to a stronger machine right?

john b
07-03-2010, 06:35 PM
i have a 2004 chevy s10 darker blue that i have tried xmt 1&2 on with what looks like very small light scratchs that you can run fingernail right over so i am thinking i should bump up to xmt-3 or poorboys 2.5 when i am woking out side or the wolfgang tsr 3.0.-is it possible that year of chevy have the ceramic clear coat-also i have adams pads and oarnge and white lc pads with pc 7424 xp- i need some help from you guys please
or would menzerna intensnse work